Armoured Warrior (甲冑武者, Armoured Warrior) is a required Mini-Boss in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Mini-Bosses are special Enemies that are uniquely named, much more difficult than normal enemies, and they drop some of the best loot in the game. The Armoured warrior is a unique Mini-Boss in such that it only has one health bar and cannot be killed by lowering his health. Due to the large amount of armour worn by this enemy, he will not take any health damage when attacked, however his Posture meter fills quickly and recovers very slowly. When performing a deathblow on this boss he receives no health damage, instead he will pushed back a significant distance. You must push this enemy off the bridge to proceed.
Armoured Warrior Location
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo: From the Shugendo Sculptor's Idol in Senpou Temple, Navigate your way up the mountain. At the top of the mountain will be a fully enclosed wooden bridge, The boss will spawn in after you have walked onto the bridge.
- This boss is not optional. You must defeat this boss to continue through the area.
Armoured Warrior Rewards
- 1x Prayer Bead
- Breath of Nature: Shadow Latent Skill
- Heavy Coin Purse (NG+)
- 12556 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
Armoured Warrior Notes & Tips
- Armoured Warrior is wearing heavy plate armour and wields a greatsword which would have been used by European warriors during the 1500s.
- His heavy armour will make it impossible to kill him with a deathblow. The deathblow will, however, push him back a little, allowing one to push him from the ledge, ultimately defeating him.
- This method of killing him seems to be a reference to the Iron Golem Boss Fight From Dark Souls, as he could be pushed off the ledge in Sen's Fortress. This time however, it is not optional to defeat the Armoured Warrior this way as he can't be killed or damaged (aside from posture breaking).
- The Vault Over skill can be used to quickly re-position yourself behind him if you posture break him while your back is to a drop.
- The Loaded Axe is great for dealing Posture Damage, but is difficult to time.
- The Loaded Umbrella - Magnet can be used to deflect attacks and turtle near him. If you have Projected Force you can then attack during openings.
Armoured Warrior Lore
- Theory: Judging by the look of his armour and sword and his son's name, he is possibly the father of Little Robert, the original proprietor of "Robert's Firecrackers" used for provisioning the Prosthetic Tool "Shinobi Firecracker". Hence, he probably comes from across the "Southern Seas" such as England or another European country. Furthermore, during the fight he shouts that he seeks the Sacred Waters for his son named Robert, and considering that the encounter occurs at Senpou Temple -- an area associated with the research of immortality -- it is likely the pair are at the temple in search of the "Undying" to extend Robert's life. Also he screams "Roberrrrrrt!!" as he falls to his death.
- In this period in Japan, only Portugese and Dutch missionaries were allowed to enter Japan, with the exception of the famed Englishman William Adams (the first western samurai).
- On a narrow bridge, a giant non-samurai warrior tries to collect 1,000 blades from samurai but is finally defeated by a small warrior. This story is a tribute to Benkei, a semi-legendary warrior-monk in the 12th century.
Armoured Warrior Dialogue:
Upon entering the bridge:
"For the sake of my son...
Put down your sword."
"I will not."
"You are a fool."
When player is killed:
"Strike me all you like. I am unbreakable."
Armoured Warrior Strategies
The plate armour of this boss is unbreakable, don't waste time using the Loaded Spear Prosthetic Tool on him as it cannot remove his armour. This enemy does not have any deathblow markers nor does he take health damage when attacking instead his posture meter fill quickly and he recovers posture very slowly; upon performing a deathblow on this enemy, your sword cannot penetrate his armour so you will instead push him back a significant distance. To kill this enemy you must push him off the side of the bridge where he will fall to his death.
Build his posture meter by deflecting attacks and attacking when he is open. This enemy will not be stunned when attacked so only attack a few times before preparing to deflect or avoid his next attack. One his posture meter is nearly full, lure him near either edge of the bridge. Position yourself such that his back will be facing off the bridge when looking at you. Perform your last few attacks to break his poise. Then perform a deathblow to push him over the edge of the bridge. Due to his weight, he will break any wall in his path and fall to his death. You do NOT need to wait for him to break the wall with his attacks.
The Loaded Axe Prosthetic Tool deals a significant amount of posture damage to this enemy. After his rampaging onslaught he will be vulnerable for a few seconds, this is the perfect time to use the Loaded Axe.
The bridge is enclosed with fog gates so you will not be able to leave the area unless you defeat the enemy, die, use the Sculptor's idol, or quit out.
Armoured Warrior Image Gallery