Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze is a Mini-Boss in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Mini-Bosses are special Enemies that are uniquely named, and have 2 or more health bars. This means they require at least 2 Deathblows in order to kill, they are generally much more difficult than normal enemies, and they drop some of the best loot in the game.
Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze Location
- Ashina Castle: Found in the Dojo, straight ahead from the Sculptor's Idol
- This boss is optional, you can break a wall next to the two Blue-Robed Samurai on the floor below him and reach Genichiro through Isshin's Tower.
- Missable. Must be killed before the first attack on the Ashina Castle (after acquiring the Shelter Stone and Lotus of the Palace), or he will no longer be there
- There is a red-eyed version of the Ashina Elite named Ujinari Mizou who can be found in the Isshin's Tower at the bottom floor near the end of the game after the second attack on the Ashina Castle.
Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze Rewards
Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze Notes & Tips
- Jinsuke Saze practices the real life sword technique Iaijutsu, quickly drawing a sheathed blade and striking in one motion.
- A Gokan's Sugar can be found in the area just before the fight, hinting at his weakness to deflection.
- It is possible to sneak up behind him using a Gachiin's Sugar by hugging the left wall, allowing you to backstab him and take off his first health bar.
- The Loaded Umbrella works extremely well for this fight because it fills his Posture Gauge very very fast. Time your R2 for when you see the white glint of the blade.
- Poison does a lot of damage to this enemy, making Sabimaru a very good tool for this Mini-Boss.
Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze Lore
- Lore explanations.
- Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze Strategies
Ashina Elite - Jinusuke Saze is a straightforward, but punishing mini-boss that relies on quick and devastating attacks to overwhelm you very quickly. His most used Ashina Slice attack deals heavy posture and vitality damage through a block and comes out extremely fast making the deflect or dodge timing very unforgiving.
Ashina Elite - Jinusuke Saze uses his Ashina Slice attack very frequently; as such the most straightforward way to approach this encounter is to properly dodge or deflect this attack and counter. Stay within striking distance and wait for him to sheathe his sword. When you see a flash of light appear from the handle either dodge to your right toward him, or attempt to deflect his strikes. Deflecting his strikes deals massive posture damage and should be done if you are able to do so safely. Dodging is the safer choice and will set you up for 1-2 counterattacks. When his sword is not sheathed he will attempt either a combo or perilous attack and you should react accordingly to what he does.
The Loaded Umbrella or Mist Raven Prosthetic Tool can make this encounter very easy since his attacks or are well telegraphed and deal massive posture with a successful deflect. Use the Loaded Umbrella when his sheathed sword flashes to deal massive posture damage, or use the Mist Raven to move behind him for an easier dodge.
Whirlwind spam strategy
Ashina does heavy and quick damage but have low health. Run towards Ashina and start attacking directly with whirlwind slash. Keep spamming whirlwind while holding the left analog stick to the left (he'll miss his attacks 50%-75%) even if he manage to get some hits on you. If the boss gets multiple hits (or just a hit for low vitality players) on you, dodge backwards and heal - use firecracker afterwards, dash or chase slice and start whirlwind slash spam again. Use Ako's sugar if you want maximum attack power however Ungo's sugar is recommended so you don't have to heal as much (or get instant death).
Chasing Slice Combo
Jinsuke will deflect your shuriken but not chasing slice. This is a chance to attack, then jump over his perilous attack and step on his head to do large posture damage.
The Sabimaru is this boss's weakness. After dodging one of his attacks, unleash a flurry of Sabimaru attacks. He will be poisoned even if he guards. Avoid taking hits and let the poison eat away at him, then move in for a deathblow.
Flame Vent - Use oil and use the small window after he uses Ashina Slice to hit him with the Flame Vent which takes out a good chunk of his health while also leaving him temporarily vulnerable.
Loaded Spear can be used to cheese this boss's AI. Activating the Spear at close to max range, with his sword sheathed, will cause him start his draw attack as sekiro comes into range. This interrupts his attack, dealing a large amount of health and posture, especially with Chasing Slice. He will the then respond with a sweeping perilous attack which can easily be stomped. Run away, rinse and repeat.
Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze Image Gallery