Assassin (らっぱ，Spy) is a type of enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
- One can be found right underneath the bridge leading towards the Abandoned Dungeon Entrance during the prologue section
- Ashina Castle Gate Fortress Sculptor's Idol. Turn around and it will be located on the cliff. You can perform an aerial deathblow on the assassin by jumping on the rock to its right.
- Three can be found in a field just beyond the staircase past the Ashina Castle Gate Sculptor's Idol. Enter the doorway, run up the stairs past the Marksman, grappling hook on top of the gateway, and turn right.
- Ashina Castle Sculptor's Idol.
- Two can be found in the moat of Ashina Reservoir, one at the bottom you can easily backstab and a umbrella-hat variant on the nearby ledges.
- Three can be found on the cliff path leading to the bridge from the Senpou Sculptor's Idol.
- Four can be found guarding the walled courtyard past the pond from Senpou Temple Sculptor's Idol. 1 umbrella-hat variant can be found on the hidden cliff path above the courtyard.
- One (non-hostile) can be found right beside the Sunken Valley Sculptor's Idol, he will die after been spoken to, but will reset after resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
- Gachiin's Sugar
- Contact Medicine
- Scrap Iron x1 (Small Assassins)
- Scrap Iron x3 (Umbrella Hat Assassins)
- Throwing knives version: 2268-4234 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
- Poison htrowing knives version: 3986-3997 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
- Wooden hat version: 3997-4374 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
Assassin Variant Types
- Basic Dagger Swipe: Hits twice with daggers. Counter: Guard or deflect for easy posture buildup
- Jumping Attack: Jumps towards you and hits with both daggers, usually follows up with more basic attacks. Counter: Guard or deflect, interrupting with Shurikens or flying deathblow works too
- Poison Trail: Throws poison bombs in front of him as he backs away. Counter: Back away from the poison and wait for him to come towards you or dodge around and try to get in free hits
- Grab attack: a perilous move used by this enemy to jump and grab Sekiro, then break his back, dealing massive damage
Assassin Notes & Tips
The assassins are very fast, but they have low health, so getting up close to get a few hits in will let you break their posture quickly if you deflect occasionally. If they use their poison attack, just back away and wait for them to come to you. They will only use their shurikens if you're far away, so getting up close is the fastest way to kill them.
For the umbrella-hat version of this enemy, they use their hat like a wooden shield, so using the Loaded Axe will let you instantly deathblow them.
These assassins were once paid mercenary guards of Senpou Temple, but now they do the dirty work of the monks in their quest for immortality.
Blackhat Badger was one of the veteran assassins who worked for Senpou Temple, but after his son died, he became disgusted by his work and defected from the rest. Now, other Assassins are regularly sent to finish him off to little effect.
- The markings on these dwarves , suggest they underwent the same rituals as Genichiro , like drinking the Rejuvenating Sediment, which causes one to acquire great resilience in one's flesh and survive otherwise fatal wounds.
- The Interior Ministry also seems to be paying for the services of these dwarf assassins, distinguishable by their crimson outfits.
(Theory): The monks of Senpou Temple appears to be at tensions with the Ashina Clan, despite their close proximity to each other. This is evidenced by the fact that the Assassins are infiltrating Ashina castle and that no assassins are employed by the Ashina and that they are usually found hidden from the other Ashina forces. Isshin Ashina also refers to the monks with distaste if you talk to him. (Edits/Additions to this are welcome)
- The Tengu of Ashina refers to them as rats, but this term is also used to describe the spies and shinobi that have infiltrated Ashina overall, so it is unlikely that he is referring to their physical stature.
- The Assassins were attempting to infiltrate the Gun Fort, but they encountered heavy resistance and suffered mass casualty.