This page teaches players about Save Management for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Included are save limitations and conditions for all platforms.
- The game autosaves regularly on a timer and after most actions, often after any item has been picked up or dropped, an enemy defeated, an idol communed or rested at or a conversation had with an NPC.
- Players can have multiple save slots.
- "Save Scumming" is the practice of creating a copy of your save to an external location, so that you may revert to it and change your actions.
- "Save Scumming" is particularly useful for seeing several Endings in one playthrough.
- Note that beating the final boss of the "good" path does not immediately force the player to choose an ending, so a backup can be made here allowing players to view the three non-Shura endings if they have the required items to unlock them. The player is also free to leave the area after the boss is beaten but before choosing their ending.
PS4 Save Files
- Saves for Sekiro are located in your "Game Save Data Management" folder.
- You can save one copy to online storage if you have a PS+ membership. "Game Save Data Management" > Save Data in System storage > Upload to online storage
- You can save a copy to an external USB drive, as many times as necessary. "Game Save Data Management" > Save Data in System storage > Copy to USB
Xbox One Save Files
- Saves for Sekiro are located in ?? folder.
- You can save one copy to online storage if ??. ??
- You can save a copy to an external USB drive, ??
PC Save Files
- Saves for Sekiro are located in your /C>Users>"username">AppData>Roaming>Sekiro>"YourSteamID".
- It's possible that the folders are hidden so unhide them in your folder settings. You can do this by going to control panel and clicking on Appearance and Personalization or File Explorer Options in Windows 10, click on the "View" tab and check the box for "Show hidden files, folders and drives" then press ok.
- You can create backups of your data, but if you encounter an "Invalid Game Data" message, you have probably triggered an integrity protection. [please add solutions to this issue if you find them]
- Sharing your files with other players lead "Failed to load save data" error. This can be fixed by an appropriate modification of the save file: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/a/348168/49789