Basket Wearer Shosuke
Basket Wearer Shosuke Information
- Location: House in Mibu Village (the first one with a hole in the roof).
- Progression: Basket Wearer Shosuke will transform after acquiring the Pine Resin Ember, but only after you speak to him.
- Combat: Players may kill Basket Wearer Shosuke after he transforms.
- Rewards: None
- After speaking with him, and possibly after exhausting all of his dialogue, will transform upon traversing Mibu Village once the player acquires the Pine Resin.
- Gives 257 EXP when killed on NG.
- After acquiring the Pine Resin Ember the first time, playing in NG+ and above, the Pine Resin Ember will usually no longer be available to pick up, which means that Shosuke will never transform. However, sometimes the Pine Resin Ember will be replaced by a Bundled Jizo Statue, which will trigger Shosuke to transform. (This is likely a bug.)
"Basket, basket, basket, basket, basket... I... am a basket...
If the player chooses to Greet him: Hey.
(Wails in fear) Basket, basket, basket, basket... Aaahhhh...
Sekiro Speaking: Calm down.
......Y-you... Are you an honorable person?
Sekiro Speaking: Yes.
Thank goodness...! You ARE an honorable person. (Sobs)
Is there...something you want to ask?
Look, sorry but... If you have questions I'll have to answer with this basket on my head."
If the player chooses the "Ask about the village" prompt: What is wrong with this village?
I'd sure like to know that too.
Before I knew it... everyone had gone insane!
For a while I too was in a daze, but... I snapped out of it after I hurk-hurk... threw up.
..... I was thirsty so I drank a loooot of sake. I'm sure that's what made me throw up.
The head priest sometimes treats us to sake.
But you know... when you drink sake, you get thirsty.
The sake cask runs dry in no time.
So everyone has no choice but to drink the water in the ponds and rivers.
But, the more you drink, the thirstier you get... Ah... You get thirstier and thirstier, can't ever drink enough...
If the player chooses the "Ask about the villagers" prompt: What is wrong with the villagers?
...Hmm, no idea.
All I know is, they all fear fire.
For a while, I too was in the same daze. And I felt the fear too.
An unquenchable fire... Even now, the thought of it gives me chills!
Sekiro Speaking: An unquenchable fire...
The hunter Inuhiko started burning pine resin and locked himself in his house.
His pine resin burns for a long time... It's a real nuisance.
Inuhiko is the village outcast.
He likes eating wild animal meat and the sort... That's why the head priest doesn't give him any sake.
Sekiro Speaking: Where is Inuhiko's house?
Oh, on the other side of the pond. Inuhiko's is the last house on the path.
If the player chooses the "Ask about the village priest" prompt: Tell me about the priest.
He's the most important person in the entire village.
You can find him in the shrine, all the way up the riverside near the water's source.
He told us, "Let us become citizens of the palace. If you drink enough sake, you shall become citizens," he said!
... A "citizen of the palace"... I don't really get it, but that's what he said!
Upon Sekiro leaving:
Got to go, huh? I'll be here, hiding in this basket.
... must... resist... drinking...
After acquiring the Pine Resin Ember:
I couldn't... resist... I drank it all...!
Notes & Tips
- Voiced by: Michael Goldmane
- He wears a basket, with the removal of it being the extent of his "transformation."
- Can be afflicted by Dragonrot.
- Acquiring the Pine Resin Ember causes him to aggro, nothing else.