Basket Wearer Shosuke
Basket Wearer Shosuke Information
- Location: House in Mibu Village (the first one with a hole in the roof).
- Progression: Basket Wearer Shosuke will transform after quitting the game after you talk to him.
- Combat: Players may kill Basket Wearer Shosuke after he transforms.
- Rewards: None
- Will transform upon quitting and reloading after you talk to him. Gives 257 EXP when killed.
- "Basket, basket, basket, basket, basket... I... am a basket... [Greet him] [Hey] (Wails in fear) Basket, basket, basket, basket... Aaahhhh... [Calm down.] ......Y-you... Are you an honorable person? [Yes] Thank goodness...! You ARE an honorable person. (Sobs) Is there...something you want to ask? Look, sorry but... If you have questions I'll have to answer with this basket on my head."
- Ask about the village prompt: [What is wrong with this village?] I'd sure like to know that too. Before I knew it... everyone had gone insane! For awhile I too was in a daze, but... I snapped out of it after I hurk-hurk... threw up. ........... I was thirsty so I drank a loooot of sake. I'm sure that's what made me throw up. The head priest sometimes treats us to sake. But you know... when you drink sake, you get thirsty. The sake cask runs dry in no time. So everyone has no choice but to drink the water in the ponds and rivers. But, the more you drink, the thirstier you get... Ah... You get thirstier and thirstier, can't ever drink enough...
- Ask about the villagers prompt: [What is wrong with the villagers?] ...Hmm, no idea. All I know is, they all fear fire. For awhile, I too was in the same daze. And I felt the fear too. An unquenchable fire... Even now, the thought of it gives me chills! [An unquenchable fire...] The hunter Inuhiko started burning pine resin and locked himself in his house. His pine resin burns for a long time... It's a real nuisance. Inukio is the village outcast. He likes eating wild animal meat and the sort... Thats why the head priest doesn't give him any sake. [Where is Inuhiko's house?] Oh, on the other side of the pond. Inuhiko's is the last house on the path.
- Ask about the village priest prompt: [Tell me about the priest.] He's the most important person in the entire village. You can find him in the shrine, all the way up the riverside near the water's source. He told us, "Let us become citizens of the palace. If you drink enough sake, you shall become citizens," he said! ......... A "citizen of the palace"... I don't really get it, but that's what he said!
- Upon leaving: Got to go, huh? I'll be here, hiding in this basket. ... must... resist... drinking...
- After closing game and reloading: I couldn't... resist... I drank it all...!
- Upon death: You... monster...
Notes & Tips
- Voiced by: Michael Goldmane
- He wears a basket
- Can be afflicted by Dragonrot.