Bite Down is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to instantly kill yourself without locking down the resurrection nodes on revival.
Bite Down Usage
- Using this will instantly kill you
- Resurrecting after being killed by Bite Down will not lock down your remaining resurrection nodes, as is the case with regular death. Wolf will also be brought up to 50% health which is higher than normal.
- Using Bite Down when resurrection nodes are already locked will NOT unlock them, resulting in full death.
How to Find Bite Down
- Rare drop from the zombies near the Abandoned Dungeon Entrance idol.
- Buy 2 from Blackhat Badger for 30 sen each.
- Ashina Depths - 1x can be looted near the Mist Noble.
- Ashina Depths - 1x can be found on a platform near the Spirits towards the path of the temple.
- Abandoned Dungeon - When first entering the dungeon and defeating the zombie can drop the item.
- Abandoned Dungeon - In the part of the Abandoned Dungeon named Toward Shichimen Warrior, on the lower floor you will face several Crickets, and after you can pick up 1x Oil, and then take the nearby passage that leads to 1x Bite Down.
- Fountainhead Palace - from the Mibu Manor Idol, head inside the manor and sneak behind the dividers to find 2x which is near a woman NPC who warns you that there are many nobles ahead and you should go around to avoid them.
Bite Down Notes & Tips
- This item is best used during boss fights as an impromptu healing item. Being killed by Bite Down allows for a free use of resurrection, and subsequent healing to 50% of maximum health, which is not the case if Wolf dies for another reason.
- It can also be used to re-enter stealth by allowing enemies to de-aggro before resurrecting.
- The item can also be used in the True Corrupted Monk fight, as dying during the second phase of the fight causes the illusions to immediately dispel. This is best used if you are having serious trouble with this part of the fight.
- Hidden Tooth is a unlimited use version of this item, which may be obtained as a drop from Hanbei the Undying.
- Using this item does not grant you a resurrection node if you don't have one, it simply prevents the nodes from being locked upon resurrection. Because of this, using this item with less than two resurrection nodes is generally pointless.