Black Gunpowder is a special Upgrade Material in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Black Gunpowder is required for upgrading alchemical Prosthetic Tools, and can be bought, found in several Locations or looted from specific Enemies.
Black Gunpowder Usage
- Bring this material to The Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to upgrade the loaded shuriken, loaded axe, firecracker, loaded Spear and other Prosthetic tools.
- 8 are needed for Leaping Flame
- 4 are needed for Sparking Axe
- 6 are needed for Okinaga's Flame Vent
- 2 are needed for Double Divine Abduction
Where to Find Black Gunpowder
- Sold by merchants for 150 sen once started NG+.
- Ashina Outskirts - Dropped by the cannon enemy (only the first time you kill him).
- Ashina Outskirts - Can be purchased from Anayama the Peddler after telling him what the Ashina Samurai want
- Ashina Castle Gate - Dropped by senpou temple assassins.
- Sunken Valley - chance to be dropped by the bayonet enemies.
- Ashina Depths - from the Poison filled pool, grapple onto the ledge, and ahead of the rocks, you'll find 2x.
- Mibu Village - one can be found in the area of the village right before passing by the tall grass.
- Ashina Castle - The rat enemies when first entering the Ashina Castle area might able to drop this item.
- Ashina Castle - When you fight the bell-wielding mob and 3 dogs pick up the item behind him.
- Ashina Castle - Near the Ashina Outskirts, Underbridge Valley Idol across the broken bridge. Now go to the broken bridge to find 1x Black Gunpowder.
- Ashina Castle Revisited- In the Into the Inner wall area, there would be courtyard which would contain the item.
- Abandoned Dungeon - In the room where the player will fight the Shichimen Warrior the item would be there.
- Abandoned Dungeon - From the Underground Waterway idol and this time go toward the water. Pick up 1x Scrap Iron and swim across the water until you see a boat and some items.One of the items is the Powder.
Black Gunpowder Notes & Tips
- Players can only carry a maximum of 99 material
- Other notes...