Dancing Dragon Mask
Dancing Dragon Mask (竜の舞い面, Dragon's Dancing-Mask) is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to increase damage with the help of skill points.
Dancing dragon mask Usage
- Collecting all three parts of the Dancing Dragon Mask will allow the player to exchange 5 skill points to increase their attack power by 1.
- This can be done repeatedly as long the player has skill points to spare.
How to Find Dancing Dragon Mask
- Mask Fragment: Dragon can be bought at the Abandoned Dungeon Entrance Dungeon Memorial Mob for 5000 Sen.
- Mask Fragment: Right can be bought for 7 Treasure Carp Scales from Pot Noble Harunaga at the Hirata Estate.
- Mask Fragment: Left can be bought for 12 Treasure Carp Scales from Pot Noble Koremori at the Fountainhead Palace
Note: if you didn't get the Mask Fragment: Left before killing the Great Colored Carp, you can get it from Pot Noble Harunaga since Pot Noble Koremori was killed by him.
Dancing Dragon Mask Notes & Trivia
- To find Pot Noble Koremori, travel to the Palace Grounds Sculptor's Idol, enter the building directly in front of you and turn left through the closed door that overlooks the largest area of Fountainhead Palace. From the door follow the ledge right and pass under the waterfall and stop near the cherry blossom tree. There is a grapple point up above the wall beyond the cherry blossom tree. Once you grapple up, follow the tunnel until you drop near a building overlooking the Palace. There is a Sculptor's Idol ("Near Pot Noble") and Pot Noble Koremori is on the ledge overlooking the palace.
- Underwater Treasure Carps near the Hirata Estate can be killed from land using the Loaded Spear Thrust type Prosthetic Tool Upgrade.
- The Dancing Dragon Mask is a ryōōmen (陵王面), an ancient style of mask used in the traditional music of the Imperial court. The design is believed to have been brought by a certain Buddhist monk from Champa, an old kingdom of southern Vietnam. The mask is named after Gao Xiaoguan of Lanling, a general of the Qi dynasty, in whose honor was written the song and dance in which the mask was to be used.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The attack power is broken AF. I tried beating isshin with like 10 or 11 attack power and when I got this and got the attack power to 15 i slapped him around
That has to be Hisoka in that pot...
this thing isn't worth it
Yeah, the Mask seems more like a NG+ thing or a "I know what skills I like and dislike from the skill tree" Thing. Not that is really a big issue, since, to be honest, the ATK upgrades are nicely balanced based on what ending you're aiming for.
For some reason I can’t buy the last piece in the Ashina castle shop it says it’s sold out
I wish id have known about this earlier, but instead of getting something useful I now have a bunch of useless combat skills lol
I have all three pieces in my inventory but they wont assemble, advice anyone?
Spoilers for buying the dragon mask fragment 500 sen cheaper (4,500 not 5,000) but if you wait till the endgame just before fighting the final boss (Wont work for Shura ending) and have sent Kotaro (The crying taro troop fatty to the right of the entrance to Senpou temple) to Anayama the Peddler (Using the red white pinwheel and after progressing Anayama's questline) you can go to where Anayama and Kotaro usually set up shop after the Interior Ministry attack Ashina, and will find them behind the door where they usually sell their wares with Kotaro laying on the ground and Anayama wounded. After some dialogue, you can buy the Promissory note from him for 1 sen, which will decrease the cost of all items for vendors across the game, including the dragon mask fragment. I'd recommend doing this on your first (or current playthrough if you haven't already) as it carries over into NG+ and is super useful.
Does the completed mask carry over into NG+?
Can someone fix the "prototype tool upgrade" link to "prosthetic"? I would but I'm on mobile and don't wanna screw everything up
Don't use this if you want to complete the skill tree. An additional skill point is about 80k XP at the 125 skill point mark, you'll be farming for hours to make up for the points wasted on the mask.
Both of the pot nobels we’re dead after I fed the truly precious bait to the great carp. Now I can’t get the right dragon mask piece... anyone know how else I can get it or am I just screwed?
The pot merchant at the fountain head palace is dead. what is the reason for this? I killed the great carp and the one in hirata turned to a redeye carp before i met him. Is this the reason?
With this I can beat the demon of hatred before I turn into one myself hehehehehehehehe.....
WATTO RINGUZU YU GATTO BIIAATCHUU
people should note that spending skillpoints for damage buffs still raise the exp needed for then next skill point so decide wether you want to unlock more skills or more damage 100% this game seems like its going to be one big skillpoint grind
Does anyone know the max attack power yet?
The Dragon mask does stay through playthrough #2, haven't tested it yet but its still in the key items menu when starting new game plus.
Is this a permanent buff?
can i grind till 99 attack power? might beat Isshin in one hit like he did to me.
Bug! Do not buy 2 mask peaces at the same time! This can cause mask not coming together and lock you out of this feature! All that crinding and now I have 3 useless pieces that I can't do enything with.
dissapointed, I was thinking this is the father's mask and I can finally transform Sekiro to a strength character
can you exchange already spent skill points ? i would like to get rid of some talents i wasted points on...
Seems like it's 5 skill points for 1 attack power
anybody knows how many skill points you need to invest in order to make 1 attack power?
Does it carry over to NG+ ?