Fencer is an enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
For the illusion-like Phantom Fencer see: Samurai Spirit
- Ashina Castle: Upper Tower - Antechamber. There are a number of Fencer close to the idol who can be backstabbed safely if the player is careful, making this a good early game farming spot, both for experience and for the otherwise limited (until lategame) Divine Confetti.
- Various Phantom Fencer can be found throughout the game, many appearing in previously visited locations after night has fallen; although they won't appear if the Corrupted Monk was defeated before the Guardian Ape, instead Mibu Villagers will appear.
- Scrap Iron
- Scrap Magnetite
- Adamantite Scrap
- Divine Confetti (Fencer are the only enemy who drop this)
- 711 Exp / 854 Exp without Kuro's Charm (New Game Plus)
Fencer Notes & Tips
- Fencer are part of the Isshin Ashina personal guard, and are very dangerous due their use of the Ashina Style. They can be overwhelming when fighting multiple at the same time due their aggressiveness and speed.
- Attacks and Counters:
- Chop: Avoid this at all costs since it can be very punishing and in most cases is followed up by multiple sword swings. Just try dodging this attack for best outcome until you can learn how to deflect perfectly every attack pattern.
- Stab: A charged, perilous attack where he thrusts his sword forward. Does significant damage. Can be Mikiri Countered.
- An effective way to defeat the Fencer is through a combination of attacks and deflects. Attack the fencer until he blocks once, then deflect their next attack. Rinse and repeat. The pattern is most often attack, deflect, attack, deflect, etc. Occasionally, the Fencer will perform a perilous thrust which can be Mikiri Countered or sidestepped.
- Another way to deal with the Fencer is to keep a safe distance and poke him with charged attacks. Beware of his stab though. Mikiri Counters are useful for speeding up this process as they deal greater posture damage. Always keep an eye out for his forward thrust attack as he can do it after every three or five chop combo attacks approximately.
- Patch 1.03 increased their chance of dropping Divine Confetti.