Fencer is an enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
For the illusion-like Phantom Fencer see: Samurai Spirit
- Ashina Castle: Upper Tower - Antechamber. There are a number of Fencer close to the idol who can be backstabbed safely if the player is careful, making this a good early game farming spot, both for experience and for the otherwise limited (until lategame) Divine Confetti.
- Various Phantom Fencer can be found throughout the game, many appearing in previously visited locations after night has fallen
- Scrap Iron
- Scrap Magnetite
- Divine Confetti (Fencer are the only enemy who drop this)
- 79 Exp
- 711 Exp / 854 Exp without Kuro's Charm (New Game Plus)
Fencer Notes & Tips
- Fencer are part of the Isshin Ashina personal guard, and are very dangerous due their use of the Ashina Style. They can be overwhelming when fighting multiple at the same time due their aggressiveness and speed.
- Attacks and Counters:
- Chop: Avoid this at all costs since it can be very punishing and in most cases is followed up by multiple sword swings. Just try dodging this attack for best outcome until you can learn how to deflect perfectly every attack pattern.
- Stab: A charged unblockable where he thrusts his sword forward. Does significant damage. Can be Mikiri Countered.
- Strategy - The best way to deal with the Fencer is just to keep a safe distance and poke with charged attacks. Beware of his stab though. Consistently deflecting and working in a single counterattack between deflects can also break their posture very quickly and easily. Mikiri Counters are useful for speeding up this process as they deal greater posture damage. Always keep an eye out for his foward thurst attack as he can do it after every three or five chop combo attacks approximatedly.
- Patch 1.03 increased their chance of dropping Divine Confetti.