Five-Color Rice is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. When used, it leaves a small pile of luminescent rice on the ground. This can be used to leave landmarks for the player when navigating through areas.
Five-Color Rice Usage
- Pour out a small amount of luminescent rice to be used as landmarks. (Not for QUESTS!)
- Stores 5 charges that refill when resting at a Sculptor's idol. Number of charges cannot be upgraded.
How to Find Five-Color Rice
- 1 can be purchased from the Shugendo Memorial Mob for 1600 sen
- From the Shugendo Sculptor's Idol in Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo, turn around and grapple to the lower-walkway wrapping around the mountain. Follow the path around the mountain to locate the Shugendo Memorial Mob.
Five-Color Rice Notes & Tips
- The rice will glow Blue, Green, Orange, Pink or Yellow. Color is randomized when poured.
- Poured rice does NOT reset upon resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
- Poured rice is reset upon traveling using the Sculptor's Idol.
- Rice does disappear when leaving & re-entering an area.
- Max 30 rice piles active at any time.
- The poured rice resembles The Prism Stones of Dark Souls.
- Different combinations of goshikimai (五色米), or grains of rice painted in five colors, were inconspicuously deposited by shinobi as a method for transmitting coded information.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
the prism stones were once a useful tool, now they've been replaced with some shiny rice
Sekiro is too linear for this item to really have a purpose. The people who might have observational issues with landmarks who would benefit from this probably wouldn’t be playing Sekiro in the first place due to the mandatory pattern recognition in boss fights.
Pro tip: Use the item during a boss fight and force certain bosses to attack you; most of the time, you will get a free mikiri which you can followup with easily with a quick forward step and free hit. This will save you having to run into their range if they try to stall for posture. Most effective if enemy boss needs to be chipped or if their hp is halved or lower and needs to be combat-forced.
Tenchu colored rice anyone?
Dollar store primstone
So what's up with the description saying intended to be spread in recognizable patterns? It saying that right after displaying the typical use for this type of item makes me wonder if there is an environmental interaction somewhere.
It's a really useful tool for dark areas. If you don't know if it is safe to jump into void, go to the edge of the cliff and just pour some rice and see if there is a ground or not.
its useless, ...i never get lost..
Bought this thinking it was the rice the old hag wanted =/
oh***** these the new prism stones?
Tenchu Easter egg confirmed!