Five-Color Rice is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. When used, it leaves a small pile of luminescent rice on the ground. This can be used to leave landmarks for the player when navigating through areas.
Five-Color Rice Usage
- Pour out a small amount of luminescent rice to be used as landmarks. (Not for QUESTS!)
- Stores 5 charges that refill when resting at a Sculptor's idol. Number of charges cannot be upgraded.
How to Find Five-Color Rice
- 1 can be purchased from the Shugendo Memorial Mob for 1600 sen
Five-Color Rice Notes & Tips
- The rice will glow Blue, Green, Orange, Pink or Yellow. Color is randomized when poured.
- Poured rice does NOT reset upon resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
- Poured rice is reset upon traveling using the Sculptor's Idol.
- Rice does disappear when leaving & re-entering an area.
- Max 30 rice piles active at any time.
- The poured rice resembles The Prism Stones of Dark Souls.
- Different combinations of goshikimai (五色米), or grains of rice painted in five colors, were inconspicuously deposited by shinobi as a method for transmitting coded information.