Fountainhead Palace Dog （宮の犬，Palace Dog） is an enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
Fountainhead Palace Dog Location
Fountainhead Palace Dog Rewards
- Precious Bait (Needs Confirmation)
Fountainhead Palace Dog Notes & Tips
- The Fountainhead Palace Dog near the Great Sakura has been found to drop Precious bait once. Unclear if it drops more than once.
- There are two variants of the Palace Dog, one is the standard version shown in the picture, its attack pattern is similar to the dog. The other version wears a magatama(勾玉, a kind of Japanese decorative jewelry that was used in religious ceremonies) on its neck, and is capable of use lightning attack.
Fountainhead Palace Dog Story & Lore
- They are called 淤加美 (okami) in Japanese, derived from one of the ancient spellings of Kuraokami, a dragon deity of rain and snow from Japanese mythology, born from the blood of the slain god Kagutsuchi. More modern spellings are a bit more obvious as to what the names supposed to mean: 龗 (okami) means "water dragon" and 闇龗 (kuraokami) means "dark water dragon." It's likely that the Divine Dragon (called the Sakura Dragon in Japanese) is inspired by Kuraokami.
- "Okami" comes from Kuraokami, their lightning bolts come from the Vajra of the Shingon Buddhism of Senpou Temple, which means something like "thunderbolt". The Okami are pale and bluish, consistent with Asian depictions of the dead . The nobles live in an area overgrown by roots which I believe depicts the Japanese underworld "Ne-no-kuni", which betokens something like "land of roots". The Okami were likely all once human and turned into these beings by imbibing large volumes of Rejuvenating Water.