Fulminated Mercury is a special Upgrade Material in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Fulminated Mercury is required for upgrading explosive Prosthetic Tools, and can be found in specific Locations or looted from specific Enemies.
Fulminated Mercury Usage
- Bring this material to The Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to upgrade the following Prosthetic Tools:
- 1x for Leaping Flame (Tier 5 Loaded Spear)
- 3x for Great Feather Mist Raven (Tier 5 Mist Raven)
- 2x for Purple Fume Spark (Tier 5 Firecracker)
- 2x for Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella (Tier 5 Loaded Umbrella)
- 4x for Lazulite Sabimaru (Tier 6 Sabimaru)
- 3x for Lazulite Axe (Tier 6 Loaded Axe)
- 4x for Lazulite Sacred Flame (Tier 6 Flame Barrel)
Where to Find Fulminated Mercury
- Drops from Ministry Gunman in Ashina Outskirts.
- Drops from Ministry Gunman in Ashina Castle.
- Drops from the Gunmen patrolling the area at the Poison Pool Idol in Ashina Depths (Rare).
- Drops from the gunmen behind Gun Fort Idol.
- 2x can be found at the Hirata Estate near the second Juzou encounter (2nd Memory)
- 1x can be found in Bodhisattva Valley behind a rock across an island with white monkeys, in the poisonous water area.
- 1x can be found in Ashina Outskirts after it is set on fire, near the Ogre, next to a canon.
- 1x can be found in Ashina Outskirts after it is set on fire, at the top of the stairs where the original Ogre was.
- 1x can be found in Ashina Castle by the stairs to the castle tower after it is set on fire.
- 1x can be found in Ashina Reservoir after it is set on fire, behind Seven Spears miniboss.
Fulminated Mercury Notes & Tips
- Players can only carry a maximum of 99 material\
- Trvia --> The phrase "tweak of chemistry" in this item's description could be a reference to the Breaking Bad episode "Crazy Handful of Nothin'", in which the main character Walter White uses a modified form of fulminated mercury as a negotiating tool in securing the return of his friend's stolen drugs.
- User experience --> Can be farmed with Bell Demon buff before getting locked out of Ashina Outskirts from Cannoneers in Gun Fort. From my attempts at this I gathered 4x from 20 runs with first loot increase in Monk tree and balloon. Hadn't even got a single one before that, I was mainly just getting some powder..
- User experience --> After Ashina is ablaze, use the Ashina Outskirts - Stairway Idol , the Demon Bell Buff activated and a Mibu Balloon active, kill the Ministry Rifleman on the Tower, the two on the Ground and then follow 2 patrolling Ministry Soldiers towards Ashina Castle. You will have several Rifleman to kill and if you are fast, you can kill all of them with 1 Balloon. I received 0-1 Mercury each Run on average.