General Tenzen Yamauchi (侍大将・山内典膳, Samurai General - Yamauchi Tenzen) is a Mini-Boss in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Mini-Bosses are special Enemies that are uniquely named, and have 2 or more health bars. This means they require at least 2 Deathblows in order to kill, they are generally much more difficult than normal enemies, and they drop some of the best loot in the game.
General Tenzen Yamauchi Location
- Ashina Outskirts: Found not far from the Outskirts Wall - Stairway Sculptor's Idol. He's in the courtyard immediately after the Chained Ogre.
- This boss is optional.
General Tenzen Yamauchi Rewards
- 1x Prayer Bead
- 1x Fistful of Ash
- 1x Scrap Iron.
- 4186 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+2)
- 12555 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
General Tenzen Yamauchi Notes & Tips
- The Mikiri Counter skill is highly recommended for this Boss because of the thrust attack that he does.
- You can take off one Deathblow Marker by ambushing him from Stealth. If you aggro him, just get up top and hide until the music stops and then Deathblow him. Note you can only do this once.
General Tenzen Yamauchi Lore
"General Tenzen Yamauchi of the Ashina clan demands a keen eye" - This general is clad in heavy samurai armor, with a horned black helmet and red accented armor. He uses a Nodachi as his main weapon.
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
General Tenzen Yamauchi Strategies
Start the encounter by sneaking through the grass to kill the first lesser enemy.Throw a shuriken at the enemy looking in your direction to make him come to you. Run towards the next enemy and take him out. Head towards the left to de-aggro the mobs while we reposition ourselves. Climb the tree to reach the building with the lone short enemy and take him out. Next jump onto the last several mobs and eliminate them. The one with the gun is easy to get rid of before focusing on the sword wielding mobs. This will leave you and the boss alone. Sneak back to where you killed the first enemy and watch the boss movement. Once he turns his back to you, sneak walk towards him to get a free deathblow in. This will greatly help in the fight. Block/deflect his attacks while jumping over his perilous sweeping attack.
This boss has strange timing for his attacks, and it's easy to deflect too early. Be sure to deflect a bit later than usual for max effect.
General Tenzen Yamauchi Image Gallery