The Grappling Hook is a special Prosthetic Tool in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, that enables players to grapple onto specific landscape objects. It is automatically equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and can be used alongside the primary weapon, the Katana, in the other, biological, hand. This tool is special in that it is the default and is not swapped in and out.
About the Grappling Hook in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The "Grappling Hook", which is a kunai attached to the end of a rope, is an integral part of the Shinobi Prosthetic Arm and the gameplay mechanics as well.
Tips: How to use the Grappling Hook
- The Grappling Hook can only be used onto circular markers in the ladscape when they turn green. While the majority of markers indicate a point that Sekiro will grapple to and land on, there are certain points indicated by a different marker indicating Sekiro will instead use the grapple point to launch himself forward in the direction he's facing.
- The L2/LT button is the default setting to grapple.
- The Grappling Hook can be used during combat.
- Some boss enemies have special conditions where they can become targets for the Grappling Hook, which can be used to close gaps and attack, as well as to avoid certain moves.
- Sekiro can still be hurt by enemy attacks during this animation.
- If crouched, grappling will take Sekiro out of stealth when upon landing.
Where to find the Grappling Hook in Sekiro
- This is a default tool for the Shinobi Prosthetic, obtained at the Dilapidated Temple after the tutorial.