Great Carp Attendant Information
Great Carp Attendant can be killed by players, or can be interacted with for a quest and associated rewards.
- Location: Great Carp Attendant Can be found at Fountainhead Palace after progressing past the tunnel with the Great Colored Carp and accessing the area beyond the Palace's locked gate.
- Progression: Great Carp Attendant is found in a platform by the Feeding Grounds Sculptor's Idol. Progressing the quest and resting will kill him.
- Combat: Has the move set of Chained Ogre, two death marks.
- Rewards: 120 sen. Quest rewards 1x Divine Grass, and up to 4x Treasure Carp Scale.
- See Daughters of the Carp Attendant for information on his daughters
Feed the Great Colored Carp:
- Ring the nearby bell and feed the Great Carp with Precious Bait 2 times. You can feed it more but it's useless.
- Talk to the father and you'll get 4x Treasure Carp Scale. Feeding the carp also makes the carp not hostile so you can loot the items in the cave early, or just to not kill the Carp and get in the cave safely anyway.
- Talk to Pot Noble Koremori or Pot Noble Harunaga and get Truly Precious Bait
- Feed the carp the Truly Precious Bait you prefer
- Rest and talk to the Carp Attendant and he will be very upset, you can then port to pick up items from the pot nobles, and then go to the Bodhissatva Valley Idol (Sunken Valley Passage) to find the body of the Great Carp and 1x Great White Whisker.
- Then port back to Feeding Grounds and talk to him and give him the item. He is now free from his duties, and you will obtain 1x Divine Grass.
- Resting again will show him dead with his daughter by him.
- "Nnngh" - when jumped on/attacked
- "Inexcusable..." - when aggroed
- "Unnggghhhh... My duties... Forgive me..." - upon death.
- Quest Progression optional dialogue
Notes & Tips
- Voiced by: ??
- Has a grab that does massive vitality damage.
- You can get a stealth deathblow if you sneak up behind him. Is vulnerable to another backstab after he kills you once while he is walking back to where he spawns.
Story & Lore
- The Carp appears to be a brocaded carp of the type Taisho Sanke or Showa Sanke. The Legend of the Dragon's Gate tells the story of carp that may transform into dragons if they can leap up a massive waterfall . As a consequence, carp are considered symbols of success and transformation in Japanese culture.