Lady Tomoe is a character in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. She was the partner of Takeru, the former divine heir, in an earlier time, and also mentored Genichiro Ashina. She is the one that taught Genichiro the Lightning of Tomoe. In the base game, she is referenced in dialogue or descriptions.
Lady Tomoe Information
Lady Tomoe came from the Divine Realm and has a special connection with Genichiro, as evidenced by the "Spiral Cloud Passage" combat art description: "Tomoe would watch her young master as he gazed longingly at the coiling clouds. The sight meant everything to her." However, the "young master" could also be referring to the previous Divine Heir, Lord Takeru.
She was a Teacher To Genichiro Ashina and taught him the Way of Tomoe (The Lightning). Since this power is referred to as heretical, and heretical in the context of Sekiro means not from Ashina, it can be inferred that Lady Tomoe is not from Ashina.
- Since Lady Tomoe is a mentioned-only character, she is not an active part of any quest
- However, she is referenced in several notes and dialogue you get while pursuing the Purification Ending.
- Tomoe, while serving Lord Takeru, tried to help him achieve Purification from the Dragon's Blood, which would sever Takeru's Immortality without killing him. However, since they could not acquire the Mortal Blade, this could not be done.
- Related NPCs include Isshin Ashina, Emma The Physician, Genichiro Ashina, and Lord Takeru (Passed)
- Tomoe has no direct effect on any Endings
- Lady Tomoe is a mentioned only character. She has no dialogue.
Notes & Trivia
- Emma mentions that before Wolf caused a Dragonrot epidemic, there had been one previous. It can be inferred that Lady Tomoe caused this epidemic while trying to achieve Purification for Lord Takeru.
- Could be inspired by a real historical figure, Tomoe Gozen.
- There is a theory that states Lady Tomoe is an Okami Warrior, is half-human half-Okami, or was a human trained and raised by the Okami. In the description for the Key Item "Fragrant Flower", it states, "It is said that relatives of Tomoe once gathered the Fountainhead Fragrance and arrived at the palace." There are an abundance of Okami Warriors at the Fountainhead Palace, which indicates her relatives are Okami. This would also explain why her powers are referred to as heretical, since she would have originated not from Ashina, but from the lands of the Okami. The Okami Warriors also use lightning attacks, which Lady Tomoe is known for.