|Spirit Emblem Cost||2|
The Loaded Axe is a Prosthetic Tool in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The Loaded Axe delivers a powerful blow that can shatter enemy shields and build up enemy posture.
How to use Loaded Axe
- Press the Prosthetics tool button to wind up a heavy overhead slam attack that will shatter a foe's shield.
- Whirling: With later upgrades, you can hold the Prosthetics Tool button to add a spinning slice before the slam attack; keep pressing the button after the initial spin to continue spinning at the cost of additional charges.
- Upgrades: Lazulite Axe, Sparking Axe, Spring-load Axe.
Where to find Loaded Axe in Sekiro
- You will need to obtain the Shinobi Axe of the Monkey that can be found inside a small garden house guarded by two enemies Sekiro can eavesdrop.
- Location: Inside a small garden house in Hirata Estate.
Loaded Axe Notes & Tips
- Give the Shinobi Axe of the Monkey to the Sculptor for it to be upgraded into the Loaded Axe.
- With the Prosthetic Arts skill Fang and Blade, press the Sword Attack button after the final slam to follow up with a second slam using both sword and Axe that does extra Vitality and Posture damage. After performing Whirling, you may also simply opt to replace the follow-up slam with a Fang and Blade by pressing the Sword Attack button after the spin move, which may be useful if you don't have time to chain the resulting slam into a Fang and Blade.
- The Loaded Axe, when used against regular foes, makes Sekiro ignore stagger during its animation and deals significant stagger to the enemy, likely interrupting their animations. It is very effective against certain Bosses with annoying attacks that have large windup times.
- The Loaded Axe breaks through shields, instantly filling an enemy's Posture meter. The Axe also does considerable Posture damage to guarding enemies.
- If the Mid-air Prosthetic Tool Skill has been acquired, then jumping and using the Loaded Axe in mid-air will result in a faster swing.