|Spirit Emblem Cost||2|
The Loaded Axe is a Prosthetic Tool in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The Loaded Axe delivers a powerful blow that can shatter enemy shields and build up enemy posture.
How to use Loaded Axe
- Press the Prosthetics tool button to wind up a heavy overhead slam attack that will shatter a foe's shield.
- Whirling: With later upgrades, you can hold the Prosthetics Tool button to add a spinning slice before the slam attack; keep pressing the button after the initial spin to continue spinning at the cost of additional charges.
- Upgrades: Lazulite Axe, Sparking Axe, Spring-load Axe.
Where to find Loaded Axe in Sekiro
- You will need to obtain the Shinobi Axe of the Monkey that can be found inside a small garden house guarded by two enemies Sekiro can eavesdrop.
- Location: Inside a small garden house in Hirata Estate.
Loaded Axe Notes & Tips
- Give the Shinobi Axe of the Monkey to the Sculptor for it to be upgraded into the Loaded Axe.
- With the Prosthetic Arts skill Fang and Blade, press the Sword Attack button after the final slam to follow up with a second slam using both sword and Axe that does extra Vitality and Posture damage. After performing Whirling, you may also simply opt to replace the follow-up slam with a Fang and Blade by pressing the Sword Attack button after the spin move, which may be useful if you don't have time to chain the resulting slam into a Fang and Blade.
- The Loaded Axe, when used against regular foes, makes Sekiro ignore stagger during its animation and deals significant stagger to the enemy, likely interrupting their animations. It is very effective against certain Bosses with annoying attacks that have large windup times.
- The Loaded Axe breaks through shields, instantly filling an enemy's Posture meter. The Axe also does considerable Posture damage to guarding enemies.
- If the Mid-air Prosthetic Tool Skill has been acquired, then jumping and using the Loaded Axe in mid-air will result in a faster swing.
- Deals 1.4x health and 3.33x posture damage to most enemies, 0.84x and 2x to fat warriors (like Hammer Monk) and Guardian Ape.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I find a secret move (or maybe a glitch) that can be done with every axe except normal loaded axe
When equiped the axe,hold R2/RT then wait for axe to do its swing then before going to strike with axe release button and quickly press it and then just press release press release
You'll see what will happen!
If it don't work for you just dm me on my instagram page:lorian_the_elder_prince
Also sorry for my bad english !
This tool is one of the best in the game for general combat, especially against mini bosses. It’s quite reminiscent of the 1h heavy attack of Bloodborne’s hunter axe; while a bit slow, it does heavy posture damage and stagger, while giving you a bit of poise to get the hit through. Fang & blade gives your attack a solid follow up to take advantage of the opening the axe will inevitably make. If you can get behind an enemy while they’re stuck in an attack animation, the heavy stagger can knock them out of it often.
With Sparking Axe, Oil and Ungo's Sugar, you can bring down most bosses and most mini bosses very fast. It has hyper armor like the Dark Souls 3 Great Axe. It's all about trade, use it when you have an open from the bosses and your HP is at least 50% full.
Man, FromSoftware has a track record of creating so many great waifus: the Loaded Axe, the Emerald Herald, Solaire, Hanbei the Undying, Bonfire-chan...
For when you miss Dark Soul's strength weapons and poise.
Has the same sound as the other DarkSouls axes when it hits the ground.
That long wind-up though. IDK about everyone else, but in a game where you play as a speedy ninja, that wind-up turns me away from using this tool.
Great against the last boss (last 2 Phases). Depletes his posture quickly.
Best tool in the game next to Umbrella tbh, absolutely decimates posture and on top of that, it can’t be cancelled out be standard attacks like Ichimonji is
Best weapon for people suck at deflection. Work wanders on mini bosses.
*chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop* *chop*
Best weapon in the game destroys health and posture especially with follow up skill