|Spirit Emblem Cost||1|
Loaded Umbrella is a Prosthetic Tool in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The Loaded Umbrella acts a shield from projectiles and some light attacks.
How to use Loaded Umbrella
- Hold R2/RT: Shelter. Spread the Loaded Umbrella to guard from attacks in all directions. You can also move with the fan deployed, and it will continue to block lighter attacks as you move. Your posture bar will not decrease until you close the Umbrella.
- R2/RT the moment enemy attack lands: Umbrella Deflect. Spread the Umbrella to deflect enemy attacks. Umbrella Deflects are easier to time than sword Deflects and deal more posture damage to enemies (how much?).
- With the Projected Force skill unlocked, the Umbrella can also be used offensively. Pressing the attack button while the Umbrella is open will activate a cross slash attack, dealing 1x-2.3x (depends on enemy) health and 2x posture damage.
- Blocking projectiles will cause the Umbrella to smoke. Using Projected Force then will launch a projectile. Closing the Umbrella will not stop the smoking, but switching to any non-Loaded Umbrella type prosthetic will.
- The umbrella can block grab attacks and is very useful against fights like the chained ogre and the Shura bosses.
Where to find Loaded Umbrella in Sekiro
- You must obtain the Iron Fortress material to craft this tool
- The Iron Fortress can be purchased from Blackhat Badger in Ashina Castle.
Loaded Umbrella upgrades
Loaded Umbrella Notes & Tips
- Speak to the Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to unlock a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade
- You do not lose access to the previous versions when you upgrade
- These Tools, varying from the Loaded Shuriken to the Shinobi Firecracker, are equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and can be swapped out on the fly, allowing for creative and innovative solutions to the many exploratory challenges the player may face.
Loaded Umbrella / Iron Fortress Story & Lore
- The idea of utilizing this extraordinary device may have been derived from the DS Dark Hand, which manifests as a vortex-like shield, when it's left-handedly. Such vortexes represent The Abyss, at times rendered as a headpiece . The Darkness, which The Abyss represents, was often reputable for its heavy weight. Hats like these are called kasa and share their etymology with the Japanese word for "umbrella" (which is also pronounced "kasa", but written 傘). The fan's function as an umbrella (shadow) or parasol (sun ward) may explain its function annulling Darkness/Terror and Fire.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Using the umbrellas is this games easy mode
The dinosaurs would have survived the meteor if they just had a loaded umbrella
Jinsuke Saze has left the chat
Just a little tip. The umbrella can block grab attacks and is very useful against fights like the chained ogre
There doesn't seem to be a clear way to build up the power of the counter attack with the umbrella apart from deflecting big attacks, though the smoke and mechanism shift are good indicators. This might not be the best case study, but since most people don't really use the Suzaku against mobs, I used the Demon of Hatred as an example.
His attacks come in 2 types; light & heavy. Most combo attacks are light and not enough to build up damage one level, which is indicated by smoke. The second level of damage of the umbrella counter is indicated by more smoke and a gear shift sfx. They might have some value assigned to the under the hood, and if you build enough light attacks, the umbrella might start to emit smoke. Attacks that do chip damage and burn build up on deflects seem to have greater value than most light attacks. On the other hand, heavy attacks easily increase the damage level. Like the 3 variations that shoot fire projectiles, his jumping crash, and jumping lunge with his right fist. These attack seem to have the most value, and increase the counter damage fastest.
So, if you stack 3 light attacks, it won't be enough. You may get smoke if you stack 4. If deflect 2 heavy attacks, you're sure to get the 2nd level of damage & gear shift. If you stack 3 light attacks and 1 heavy, it gets you to the 2nd level all the same, but it might depend on your timing and interval of umbrella deflects. The counter attack value that increases your damage level might go down if you don't deflect enough in a certain amount of time.
Deflecting with the umbrella also negates the "heavy deflect" animation from attacks like the Headless Ape's huge downward slams. It's very useful for creating huge openings to punish with heavy moves like a fully charged Empowered Mortal Draw.
Can you still effectively block/deflect when you run out of Spirit Emblems?
what if hes dead
I don't know but, to me if i absorb more than one projectile attack, the power of the umbrella projectile becomes stronger. I try it with Snake Eyes of the Ashina Dephts area, but i need confirmation, maybe it's only me.
Please help l, i killed him accidentally, how can i find iron fortress
Best prosthetic in the game. Makes fighting apparitions less stressful and makes Demon of Hatred and Isshin possible to beat. Also good to use at the gun fort.
If you forgot to buy it , you can still pick it up at the same spot as the NPC were. I picked it up during p3 of Ashina Castle raid. (after Divine Dragon)
note that pressing r1 dureing the block will acualy use the umbrella as an attack
After Ashina castle idols become unavailable, the spot where Blackhat badger was previously hiding will have some blood stains on the floor along with the iron fortress as a drop. I have not been able to find him after this so it seems likely that he got found and killed. (NOTE:This happened after I did not buy the iron fortress from him when it was available)
Where mah lööp, brother?
How can i stole in mr anonymous
you can stole it