Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un (長手の百足・仙雲, Long-Arm Centipede - Sen'un) is a Mini-Boss in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Mini-Bosses are special Enemies that are uniquely named and have 2 or more health bars. This means they require at least 2 Deathblows in order to kill, they are generally much more difficult than normal enemies, and they drop some of the best loot in the game.
Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un Location
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo
- From Temple Grounds Idol, grapple across several temples and trees, pass the grenade launching enemies and go through the temple with several "rats", follow the path till you find a large bonfire. From there, turn right to find a path leading downward.
- This boss is optional
Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un Rewards
- Prayer Bead
- Yellow Gunpowder
- 428 EXP (NG)
- 3852 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+2)
- 11557 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
Long-arm Centipede Sen-Un Lore
- Centipede long arms are the chiefs of the centipedes. These centipedes will seek out a leader and often change loyalty. Long Arm Centipedes have their name from their large talon-like weapons.
Long-arm Centipede Sen-Un Notes & Trivia
- This Mini-boss's Posture Gauge fills extremely fast, especially if you Counter off his Perilous Sweep Attack, so focus on deflecting.
- When deflecting this Mini-Boss always be sure to deflect the last attack of his sequence, this will trigger the sweeping Perilous Attack, allowing you to counter for MAJOR Posture Damage.
- You can use the Loaded Umbrella - Magnet to deflect his attacks extremely easily.
- Mist Raven can be used to get behind him mid combo, giving you an opening to attack.
- The Shinobi Firecracker is very effective against this boss. You can stunlock it dealing lots of damage without taking any in return.
Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un Strategies
Long-Arm Centipedes are agile mini-bosses with low posture. They perform attacks with multiple consecutive slashes which can allow the player to inflict massive posture damage to the boss given they are able to deflect the attacks..
Before you start the fight make sure to clear the enemies on the ceiling rafters so they can't throw firebombs at you during the fight. Mini-Centipedes, similar to Lizards, can be deathblown simply by locking on to them and jumping into the air. There are multiple Mini-Centipede's in Sen-Un arena that should be cleared out as well before fighting the boss. After clearing the enemies, exit the temple to de-aggro Long-Arm Centipede Sen-Un. Re-enter the temple and perform a plunging attack on Sen-Un to remove one of his health bars.
Long-arm Centipede bosses have two attacks: a 10-hit combo and a 3-hit combo. The 10-hit combo is denoted by the boss raising their right arm (player's left) then performing 10 slashes in a 4-5-1 pattern; deflecting the final slash will cause the Long-Arm Centipede to retreat then perform a perilous sweep attack. The 3-hit combo is denoted by the boss raising their left arm (player's right) then performing 3 slashes immediately followed by a perilous sweep attack. His only Perilous attack, an unblockable sweep can be countered with a jump kick for bonus posture damage.
The boss can usually have its posture broken in as little as two sets of 10-hit deflects and jump kicks opening it for a deathblow.
The Shinobi Firecracker is very effective in stunning this boss allowing you to inflict vitality damage. Using the Firecracker too quickly in succession will not stun the boss and leave you open to attacks.
If Wolf's posture is failing, remember to make distance and keep block up to recharge posture quickly.
After doing a sneak Deathblow to Sen-Un, while he is getting up run towards the other enemies on the ground and eliminate them. Wait for Sen-Un to start his attacks and simply deflect them as his posture bar fills quickly. Players may use Shonobi Firecrackers to stun him and Flame Vent to deal heavy damage if they so choose.
Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un Image Gallery