Long-arm Centipede Giraffe is a Mini-Boss in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Mini-Bosses are special Enemies that are named, and have 2 or more health bars. This means they require at least 2 Deathblows in order to kill, they are generally much more difficult than normal enemies, and they drop some of the best loot in the game.
Long-arm Centipede Giraffe Location
- Sunken Valley: Gun Fort, this is right by the Gun Fort Idol, in the next room
- This boss is not optional, you must defeat this boss to access the Sunken Valley Passage.
Long-arm Centipede Giraffe Rewards
- Yellow Gunpowder
- 1x Prayer Bead
- ? Exp (NG) / ? (NG+) / ? (NG++)
- After beating him/her in the Sunken Valley location, look for a gap in the floor to the left of the statue. The gap contains items as well as a a small secret passage that ultimately leads to a cavern where another Prayer Bead is located.
Long-arm Centipede Giraffe Strategies
This boss is a tutorial on block dancing which is a technique that any player uses to virtually avoid damage from rapid attacking enemies, block dancing is performed by spamming the block button which in turn should cause you to parry all of the Centipede Girrafe's flurry of attacks. He also sometimes starts or end his combo with a sweep attack. Since his sweep is the only other attack he uses, it should be easy to predict. 2 rotations of deflects spams and jumps will trigger the deathblow. Repeat once more to finish him.
Due to the speed of his attacks, there may be a risk of Sekiro's posture breaking during Centipede Giraffe's second or (if he's able to execute one) third barrage. An effective way to recover posture is to dodge away immediately after a barrage ends, then spend some time guarding; Ichimonji is not recommended.
Using Fistful of Ash and Shinobi Firecracker will be able to give you time to get an attack in but it may throw off your timing.
Easy method (Gokan's Sugar)
If encountered early, or if the player has not found many prayer beads to increase their posture, this fight can be hard without good deflection skills. Eating a yellow Gokan's Sugar candy at the start of the fight to increase Wolf's maximum posture makes surviving his flurry of attacks much safer. When he finishes his combo and goes for a perilous attack (always a sweep) simply jump over it and jump again at him to deal posture damage.
Attacks & Counters
|Claw Flurry (Right) - When Long-Armed Centipede Giraffe raises his right arm (player's left) to attack he will attack with a 4-5-1 pattern (4 slashes, pause, 5 slashes, pause, 1 slash). Upon deflecting the final slash he will retreat a considerable distance then perform his Two-Claw Sweep.||Deflect his attacks using the 4-5-1 pattern. As he retreats, stay in place & prepare to jump to counter his Perilous attack.|
|Claw Flurry (Left) - When Long-Armed Centipede Giraffe raises his left arm (player's right) to attack he will perform 3 quick slashes immediately followed by his Two-Claw Sweep.||Deflect the three attacks and then immediately jump to prepare to counter his Perilous attack.|
|Two-Claw Sweep - Perilous attack (sweep). Long-Armed Centipede Giraffe draws both arms back, then lunges forward, sweeping them at your feet.||Jump to avoid his attack, then jump again on his head to inflict a large amount of posture damage. You can also attack once while falling to inflict vitality damage. DO NOT attack twice as Sekiro's attack animation will sometimes prevent you from deflecting his next attack.|
|Claw Flurry - Same as above. However, Long-Armed Centipede Giraffe may "mix in" a Two-Claw Sweep rather than performing the full sequence of attacks.||Deflect or block the standard attacks, but be on the lookout for a sweep.|
|Two-Claw Sweep - Same as above.||Jump to avoid his attack, then jump again on his head to inflict a large amount of posture damage. You can also attack once while falling to inflict vitality damage. DO NOT attack twice as Sekiro's attack animation will sometimes prevent you from deflecting his next attack.|
Long-arm Centipede Giraffe Lore
- Centipede long arms are the chiefs of the centipedes. these centipedes will seek out a leader and often change loyalty. Long Arm Centipedes have their name from their large talon-like weapons.
- Lore Theory: Unlike Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un, This miniboss does not seem to claim any centipede followers. since it is said that centipedes choose a leader and often change loyalty, it is possible that Long Arm Centipede Giraffe was once a leader of centipedes, but his followers chose Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un as their new leader, leaving Long Arm Centipede Giraffe without any followers.
Long-arm Centipede Giraffe Notes & Trivia
- This Mini-boss's Posture Gauge fills extremely fast, especially if you Counter off his Perilous Sweep Attack, so focus on deflecting.
- Be sure to perfectly deflect the last attack in his chain in order to get him to do his Perilous Sweep Attack. This seems to trigger it.
- You can use the Loaded Umbrella - Magnet to deflect his attacks extremely easily.
- Mist Raven can be used to get behind him mid combo, giving you an opening to attack.
- You can use the Shinobi Firecracker to stun him and hit him a few times.