Mibu Balloon of Spirit
Mibu Balloon of Spirit is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to gain a higher chance of obtaining Spirit Emblems for a period of time.
Mibu Balloon of Spirit Usage
- Increases the chance to obtain Spirit Emblems from defeated enemies.
- Lasts 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Precisely based on how long its corresponding status icon is displayed below Sekiro's Vitality bar
How to Find Mibu Balloon of Spirit
- Possible loot drop from any Giant Monk
- Drop from the "rats" in Ashina Reservoir revisited, near where Wolf used the reed whistle.
- Scattered occasionally throughout the landscape.
- Before you commune with the great serpent idol, you will encounter the item on your way to that idol.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - Under the broken bridge where there is a monk with a chance to stealth kill.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - As you continue in the path after going through the temple, you will eventually come across it.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - From the Shugendo Sculptor's Idol go up. Grapple ahead and you'll land in front of a cave with 2x Mibu Balloon of Spirit.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the area of the walkthrough where it is described as "Down the Slope" , in the lower area the item can be looted.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - On the path towards to the mini-boss Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un , the path would contain the item.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the area described by the walkthrough named "Senpou Esoteric Text". Look left and you will spot a small passage you can crouch through. This takes you to an opportunity to stealth-kill a would-be ambusher. Press on and enter another narrow passage, this time with water. Pick up 1x Mibu Balloon of Spirit and go up a ledge to face 3 Centipede enemies in a cave filled with dead monks.
Mibu Balloon of Spirit Notes & Tips
- A white/silver, circular icon will appear in the bottom-left corner below your health bar while in effect.
- It seems like the gathering of Spirit Emblems is also identically affected by Virtuous Deed, because using this item has no potential effect while Virtuous Deed is also active. Require to test without that Latent Skill active, please
- The buff effect vanishes if you go through a loading screen; either by traveling to another Sculptor Idol, using the Homeward Idol, or exiting the game. This applies to the other 3 balloons as well.
- Other notes...
Mibu Balloon of Spirit Story & Lore
- The Rejuvenating Water that springs from the Dragon's Blood and begets Stagnation and Undeath fills this paper balloon. This paper balloon-like design could have been selected to emulate the Japanese lanterns of the Obon Festival . The bonshō bells of the Mibu Taro Troopers strengthen the link to the Obon Festival, which honors the dead and offers them guidance in the form of Japanese lanterns which are placed on water. The logic of this being that the paper lanterns offer guidance, so you, an undead protagonist, find more items. The kanjis that compose "kamifusen" can be read as both "paper balloon" and "god balloon". The Obon festival also involves the “hozuki” or “Japanese Lantern”, "Physalis" or "bladder". Hōzuki - 鬼灯, Demon Lantern - was also the Japanese name of Bloodborne's jellyfish-like Winter Lanterns.