Monkey Booze is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to obtain dialogue from Emma, Isshin, and The Sculptor.
Monkey Booze Usage
- Can be given to either the Sculptor, Lady Emma or Lord Isshin Ashina in exchange for additional dialog at various points in the game.
How to Find Monkey Booze
- Obtained by defeating the large group of monkeys (approx. 20) in the Sunken Valley Passage past the Riven Cave Sculptor's Idol.
- One can be obtained on the approach to Senpou Temple, in the hands of a statue in a side room nearby the White Pinwheel, by the barred door which leads to the Demon Bell.
- One can be obtained from a skull next to a monkey enemy in the Ashina Depths by taking a grapple upwards shortly after fighting Snake Eyes Shirahagi.Ashina. Video Location
- After giving to the Sculptor:
- "... Monkey Booze, is it? Haaa! It burns the throat, same as ever. This really brings back memories. I trained in the techniques of the shinobi in the valley where the monkeys dwelled... ... No. There was two of us. We were rogue Shinobi... There was no proper master for the likes of us. That's why we went to the valley. To run, to jump, to clash swords... where one slip would mean your doom. That was how we trained. ... We came to move exactly as monkeys did after a time. I'd drink this Monkey Booze whenever I tired of training. And I'd listen to the howl of my partner's whistling finger while I drank. It was from his unique ring... Whistling through that ring... Would fill the valley with a somber melody. Strangely enough, I enjoyed that sound. I listened to it so often."
- After giving to Isshin Ashina:
- "Ah, Sekiro! You know me well. Why, if this isn't monkey booze! Hahh! So this is what it's like to breathe fire! Do you know what other name this sake goes by? You don't? They call it Shura's wine. I killed one once, long ago... Shura... Or something very much like it. Those who go on killing will eventually become Shura. They don't even remember why... Simply enraptured... They kill solely for the joy it brings them. I see it in your eyes, too The shadow of Shura. Give me cause, and I will kill you. It would do you well to remember that."
- After defeating Owl on the top of Ashina Castle: "Ah, Sekiro! You know me well. Why, if this isn't monkey booze! Hahh! So this is what it's like to breathe fire! Do you know what other name this sake goes by? You don't? They call it Shura's wine. I killed one once, long ago... Shura... Or something very much like it. Those who go on killing will eventually become Shura. They don't even remember why... Simply enraptured... They kill solely for the joy it brings them. I saw it in your eyes, too. The shadow of Shura. Or at least, I thought I did. (......) However, it appears I was mistaken. If Shura were to appear, I would have cut it down myself. (laughs)
- After giving to Emma:
- "Oh, this is Monkey Booze. Well, let me try it. Augh!~ It... It burns so bad. Let's see... Yes, monkeys... I seem to have a strong connection with monkeys. Yes. I was rescued by a monkey after all. You don't believe me, do you? When I was young. I stood alone in the aftermath of a battlefield. I was alone, and staring dumbfounded. I could do nothing... neither cry nor even get angry. Complete shock. And then there was a monkey eating a rice ball. maybe... either way. He gave me the rice ball. He was a very kind monkey."
Monkey Booze Notes & Tips
- Other notes...