Nightjar Monocular (寄鷹筒, Kiyōtō - Hawkman Pipe) is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to view objectives, enemies, or parts of an area from afar.
Nightjar Monocular Usage
- Used to view distant objectives.
- While in use, up and down on D-Pad zooms in and out.
How to Find Nightjar Monocular
- Ashina Outskirts: After encountering the Chained Ogre, in the rooftop above its chains after the opening would be the item.
Nightjar Monocular Notes & Tips
- Useful to scout an area in order to know more about how to engage the location and its inhabitants.
- Useful to take screenshots of Character, Boss and Enemy details.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Not d-pad! ANALOG STICK.
This is arguably the best quick item in the game, especially for general exploration or "cheesing" one deathblow marker off mini-bosses. With the Nightjar Monocular selected as your quick item, highlighting targets while crouched (or from above while standing) causes your red cross-hair to be applied from a much farther distance. Your attack animation also changes when performing your stealth kill, as you "lean in" and fly like a homing missile to your target. You can even fall from a great height and use this mid-fall, zeroing in on your target earlier in your descent than normal. I cannot explain in words how fulfilling it is to kill enemies with this technique; it greatly reduces the anxiety of performing distance kills from any height/angle and exemplifies your grace as an elite shinobi. Hesitation is defeat.