Oil is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Throw it at enemies to increase their vulnerability to the Burn status abnormality.
- Covers an enemy in oil and increases its vulnerability to the Burn status abnormality.
- Pair with the Flame Vent prosthetic to deal significant damage.
How to Find Oil
- Hirata Estate- After gaining Flame Vent, the player encounters Thieves that may drop this item.
- Hirata Estate- After returning, up the slope and past the archer enemies would be the item.
- Hirata Estate- After the green path surrounded by Bamboo and the cave. You will encounter the Sculptor's Idol where the oil item will be.
- Hirata Estate- After defeating Juzou the Drunkard , beyond the fog gate and main door. You will encounter the enemies and then you can pick up the item.
- Ashina Depths - grapple twice from the ledge ahead near the Poison Pool Idol where you'll find 3x of this item.
- Ashina Depths - Before reaching the branch to reach a blue-tinted huggable wall, go left from the structure to find the item.
- Ashina Depths - 1x can be found in the room where the Mist Noble is encountered.
- Abandoned Dungeon - On the way toward the Shichimen Warriror in the lower floor you will face Crickets and you will find the item. This area is close to the Underground Waterway Sculptor's Idol.
- Chance to Drop from Fire Archers & Torch-wielding Bandits throughout Hirata Estate.
- Scattered occasionally throughout the landscape.
Oil Notes & Tips
- Useful as an offensive item to inflict Burn easily towards multiple enemies.
- Use in combination with the Flame Vent Prosthetic Tool to inflict Burn on enemies.
- Other notes...