Okami Warrior (Bow)(淤加美の武者-弓, Okami Warrior -Bow) is an enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
Okami Warrior (Bow) Location
- Various places through the Fountainhead Palace
Okami Warrior (Bow) Rewards
Okami Warrior (Bow) Notes & Tips
- This variation of the Okami warriors is incredibly weaker than her fellow counterparts.
- Their first attack will usually have them shooting an arrow, and the timing can be odd due to how they can briefly float in the air for much longer than you might think
Okami Warrior (Bow) Story & Lore
- They are called 淤加美 (okami) in Japanese, derived from one of the ancient spellings of Kuraokami, a dragon deity of rain and snow from Japanese mythology, born from the blood of the slain god Kagutsuchi. More modern spellings are a bit more obvious as to what the names supposed to mean: 龗 (okami) means "water dragon" and 闇龗 (kuraokami) means "dark water dragon." It's likely that the Divine Dragon (called the Sakura Dragon in Japanese) is inspired by Kuraokami.
- "Okami" comes from Kuraokami, their lightning bolts come from the Vajra of the Shingon Buddhism of Senpou Temple, which means something like "thunderbolt". The Okami are pale and bluish, consistent with Asian depictions of the dead . The nobles live in an area overgrown by roots which I believe depicts the Japanese underworld "Ne-no-kuni", which betokens something like "land of roots". The Okami were likely all once human and turned into these beings by imbibing large volumes of Rejuvenating Water.