Pacifying Agent is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to reduce Terror buildup and increase Terror Resistance time for a time.
Pacifying Agent Usage
- Reduces Terror buildup and increases Terror Resistance time for a time
- The effect lasts for 30 seconds
- See Mottled Purple Gourd for a similar item
How to Find Pacifying Agent
- Abandoned Dungeon - 2x at From the Abandoned Dungeon Entrance Idol, go down and turn right to gather the items. Beware enemy ambush.
- Fujioka the Info Broker - Unlimited amount, for 100 sen.
- Sunken Valley Passage - From the area where the monkey is "praying" or guarding the snap seed, you'll find 1x next to the face of a fallen Buddha statue.
- Sunken Valley Passage - Can be looted next to a large cluster of monkeys.
- Abandoned Dungeon - A good place to farm it, as the zombie like enemies have a decent chance to drop it.
- Ashina Depths - 2x can be found beyond the Ashina Depths Idol before reaching the Bottomless Hole Idol in the Abandoned Dungeon.
- Mibu Village - 1 can be looted next to a villager wielding a lantern.
- Abandoned Dungeon - In the part of the Onward and Left of the abandoned dungeon, there would be the described grapple areas where it would describe the area where the item is.
- Abandoned Dungeon - From a room with an apparition mini-boss. On a plan nearby there's 1x Mibu Balloon of Soul. Backtrack a bit and drop down a ledge to get 1x Pacifying Agent.
- Abandoned Dungeon -From the Underground Waterway idol and this time go toward the water. Pick up 1x Scrap Iron and swim across the water until you see a boat and some items. The item will be among them.
- Abandoned Dungeon - Diving Loot of the area would have these items.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - From the Ni-Oh gate and go left instead, you'll see 2x Mibu Possession Balloon to the left of the staircase ahead of the gate. Go up and stick to the left side to avoid the enemy cluster, and pick up 1x Pellet. From here grapple to a higher ledge and pick up 1x Pacifying Agent.
Pacifying Agent Notes & Tips
- Invaluable for the battles versus Terror Enemies such as the Headless. Due to its relatively short effect duration (30 seconds), it is best to first initiate the effect of a Sugar item (45 seconds), but using Divine Confetti (1 minute) afterwards is not a bad strategy too. After 30 seconds in a Terror battle, only use one item, that will be Pacifying Agent again. Hopefully, a Deathblow could be performed while these effects were still active. If not, prioritize on reapplying the Divine Blessing effect at the very least, and then the Calming effect
- Other notes...
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
"If Seized with fear, cover your rear."
Interior Ministry Ninja upstream from MIbu Village Idol drops them sometimes. Good place to farm, too. Stealth kill him and the villagers before the cemetery and it’s about 3000.
I'm pretty sure the quote "If seized with fear, cover your rear" refers to Headless teleporting behind and grabbing us by the rectum, an interesting note.
the buff lasts 30 seconds, I timed it
This doesn't exist in my play through. Is fearlessness powder the same thing? I don't understand why I see just about everyone else using the pacifying agent when in my game it labels it as fearlessness powder. They have the same description as far as I can tell.
You can farm these down in the dungeon from the zombie-type enemies. You have to kill them twice, but they've dropped a pacifying agent every time for me.