Repeatedly getting hit by poison-based attacks will apply the "Poison" status abnormality. Guarding such attacks does not prevent Poison from accumulating.
Poison affects the body and mind when it enters the body, gradually reducing Vitality over time.
Poison is a Status Abnormality in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The Poisoned effect can afflict both enemies and the player character, dealing damage to hitpoints over time.
How to Cure Poison
Players can cure Poison by using the Antidote Powder item.
Sekiro might obtain the Poison status if he is hit by multiple poisoned attacks. Enemies with Poison attacks include (but are not limited to):
- Senpou Assassin/Rats (short, stocky wooden-hat enemies from Ashina)
- Poisonous Lizard
- Certain bosses
- Poisonous pools in Ashina Depths
How to Inflict Poison
- Sekiro can use the Sabimaru Prosthetic tool to stack up poison. Note that enemies weak to Poison will take huge Posture Damage and will be staggered when afflicted with the Poisoned Status.
Enemies Weak to Poison
- Snake Eyes Shirahagi
- O'rin of the Water
- Okami Warriors
- Enemies in the Gunfort area
- Though not specifically "weak", blue robed samurai and Ashina Elite in Ashina Castle take tons of damage from this Status.
Enemies Resistant to Poison
Those who live in Poisonous areas have very high resistance to the "Poison" status abnormality. Some are even completely immune to it.