Repeatedly getting hit by poison-based attacks will apply the "Poison" status abnormality. Guarding such attacks does not prevent Poison from accumulating.
Poison affects the body and mind when it enters the body, gradually reducing Vitality over time.
Poison is a Status Abnormality in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The Poisoned effect can afflict both enemies and the player character, dealing damage to hitpoints over time.
How to Cure Poison
Players can cure Poison by using the Antidote Powder item.
Sekiro might obtain the Poison status if he is hit by multiple poisoned attacks. Enemies with Poison attacks include (but are not limited to):
- Senpou Assassin/Rats (short, stocky wooden-hat enemies from Ashina)
- Bandit (Poison Bow)
- Juzou the Drunkard
- Tokujiro the Glutton
- Interior Ministry Loneshadows
- Lone Shadow Masanaga the Spear Bearer (Great Serpent Shrine)
- Lone Shadow Vilehand
- Great Shinobi Owl
- Valley Monkeys in the poison swamps at the bottom of Sunken Valley Passage
- Poisonous pools in Ashina Depths and the bottom of Sunken Valley Passage
How to Inflict Poison
- Sekiro can use the Sabimaru Prosthetic tool to stack up poison. Note that enemies weak to Poison will take huge Posture Damage and will be staggered when afflicted with the Poisoned Status.
- Sekiro can inflict the poison status effect on himself by using Contact Medicine, which inflicts a much weaker poison effect but prevents all other poison statuses from enemy attacks.
- If Sekiro is suffering any poison status abnormality, then the Mist Raven and its upgrades can be used at any time while the poison status is in effect.
Enemies Weak to Poison
- Snake Eyes Shirahagi
- O'rin of the Water
- Okami Warriors
- Enemies in the Gunfort area
- Though not specifically "weak", blue robed samurai and Ashina Elite in Ashina Castle take tons of damage from this Status.
Enemies Resistant to Poison
Those who live in Poisonous areas have very high resistance to the "Poison" status abnormality. Some are even completely immune to it.
- Snake Eyes Shirafuji is highly resistant to poison, making the Sabimaru impractical against her. However, she is not completely immune and can be poisoned if she is lured into the surrounding poison pit for long enough.
- Lone Shadow enemy variance have high resistance to poison, requiring 12 emblem of piercing sabimaru hit to inflict poison status. Some miniboss varaince such as the Lone Shadow Swordsman are even immune to poison completely.