Red Lump is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to gain red-eyes and reduce flinching from enemy attacks. But also prohibits the use of Resurrection.
Red Lump Usage
- Consume to gain red-eyes and reduce flinching from enemy attacks. But also prohibits the use of Resurrection.
- The effect lasts for 30 seconds.
How to Find Red Lump
- Mibu Village - 2 can be found hidden inside a pot near the window of the house where the drinking NPC is (see Water of the Palace page on how to get there)
- Abandoned Dungeon - Before you encounter Underground Waterway Sculptor's Idol you will encounter the item.
- Fountainhead Palace - dive down further under the bridge the Great Carp broke by the Flower Viewing Idol to find 1.
- The Doujun quest chain yields a special Red Lump with an unique description.
- Rare drop from RED EYE enemies after Ashina is set ablaze. - Two can be located on the rooftops surrounding the Ashina Castle idol where you first encountered nightjar lurkers on the roofs.
- In NG+, pot nobles have an infinite stock of Red Lumps for 3 Treasure Carp Scales.
Red Lump Notes & Tips
- By itself, Red Lump is more of a handicap rather than an actual buff consumable. However, it is extremely powerful when combined with many other consumables, and a handful of the prosthetic arm tools.
- Enemies that like to do quick jabs, or "guard breakers" can be dealt with easily when Red Lump is active. Guard breakers are attacks such as elbows, shield bashes, front kick, and shoves that are used to interrupt the player's attacks or to throw off posture(especially the latter in New Game Plus). These attacks are quick, and often immediately follow up from normal enemy attacks that are blocked, and less often on deflections(larger enemies are often exempt from this rule). Since these attacks don't do much damage but will stagger you if not deflected perfectly, Red Lump can be used to plow through enemies.
- Since these follow up "guard breaking" attacks are often the only way for a lot of enemies to create space from the player to be able to perform a complete attack, Red Lump can essentially make the player able to relentlessly attack without the need to worry about a counter-attack, suffering only a small amount of damage every so often. The exceptions to this are large enemies, bosses, and a majority of mini-bosses. These enemies have perilous attacks that have hyper armor, only being interrupted by select few combat arts or items.