Scrap Magnetite is a special Upgrade Material in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Scrap Magnetite is required for upgrading Prosthetic Tools, and the player will need to defeat specific Enemies in order to find it.
Scrap Magnetite Usage
- Bring this material to The Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to upgrade mid-tier and high-tier blade based Prosthetic Tools.
Where to Find Scrap Magnetite
- Shugendo Memorial Mob - 2 can be bought for 330 sen at Mt. Kongo
- Abandoned Dungeon - 1. If you return to the well at which you started the game in, you can swim through the water in the back of the room which will lead you to the Abandoned Dungeon. In the boss arena, you can drop down and find a few items, including the Magnetite Scrap.
- Ashina Reservoir revisited- After defeating the Lone Shadow Longswordman.
- Ashina Castle - Upper Tower - Rare drop from Blue-Robed Samurai.
- Ashina Castle, - Near the Old Grave Idol - Drop from spear monk.
- Sunken Valley - Rare drop from white monkeys.
- Sunken Valley - 1x looted next to the Sculptor's Idol, near the dying NPC who talks about the Senpou bells.
- Sunken Valley - 1x looted at the arena where Snake Eyes Shirafuji is encountered.
- Sunken Valley - 1x looted on the righthand side platform filled with enemies after climbing up the ledge from the hanging bridge.
- Sunken Valley - 1x can be looted after grappling up to the right side from the path of the cave past the hanging bridge.
- Sunken Valley - 1x can be looted next to the Large Fan in the room where Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe is encountered.
- Sunken Valley Passage - 1x can be looted at the bottom floor of the Valley Floor Poison.
- Sunken Valley Passage - 1x can be obtained inside the Serpent Cave on top of a grapple point along with two other items.
- Ashina Depths - From the Poison filled pool, grapple onto the ledge, and ahead of the rocks, you'll find 2x; you'll also find 1 in the middle of the area of the pool and another nearby the hand of the Buddha's statue.
- Ashina Depths - 1 can be found in the area with the Headless.
- Mibu Village - Dropped by the purple-clad assassin upon killing him.
- Ashina Castle - Defeat Ashina Elite - Junsuze Saze to gain the item.
- Ashina Castle - Same room as Upper Tower - Kuro's Room idol
- Ashina Castle - After fighting a Nightjar ninja and you will encounter a rooftop with a purple banner and then you will find the item.
- Ashina Castle - When you fight a powerful bell-wielding mob and 3 dogs, and obtain Scrap Magnetite.
- Ashina Castle - Fairly common drop from the red dual wielding enemy lying in wait for the Ashina spearman to the left of the stairs after the castle has been invaded.
- Abandoned Dungeon - In the room in which you fight the Shichimen Warrior
- Fountainhead Palace - Dive under the building where the woman is found on the rooftop and swim toward the moon and keep the wall on your right to go past a group of aggressive fish to find 3
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - Next to the Grounds Sculptor's Idol
- Commonly dropped in sets of 2 by the enemy outside the Castle Old Grave idol next to the Lone Shadow Swordsman after Ashina Castle is overrun (late game)
- Very rare (approx. 1/30 with Bell Demon and both Virtuous Deed skills) drop from the blue-robed samurai in Ashina Castle. Several can be easily farmed with stealth at the Ashina Castle - Antechamber idol.
- Near-guaranteed drop from the two spear mobs right outside the Main Hall idol in Senpou with the demon bell on (easy to farm with backstab and Bloodsmoke Ninjutsu) (Possibly only late game or with item drop skills. Tested with an hour of farming while mid-game and they drop roughly 1 Scrap Magnetite every 50 Scrap Iron and no Adamantite whatsoever, even with rung bell.)
- Guaranteed drop from purple clothed, spear-wielding Okami Warrior in the Fountainhead Palace.
Scrap Magnetite Notes & Tips
- Players can only carry a maximum of 99 material
- Other notes...