Spirit Emblem is an Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used for Prosthetic Tool attacks, advanced Combat Arts, Ninjutsu Techniques and Spiritfall buffs.
Spirit Emblem Usage
- Spirit Emblems are required to activate prosthetic tools, and are consumed each time these abilities are used.
How to Find Spirit Emblem
- Dropped by Enemies upon death. These fly towards Sekiro for automatic collection, when they are released.
- Scattered occasionally throughout the landscape, they automatically come to you as you walk near them.
- The maximum of +5 temporary Spirit Emblems can be gained by the Ceremonial Tanto, for up to three times until Resting.
- This can provide with up to 15 additional Spirit Emblems collectively. So the highest possible amount of Spirit Emblems that can be used per state instance could reach 35 units.
- Purchased from Sculptor's Idols for initially 10 Sen each. This increases after specific points in the game (see Notes and Tips).
Spirit Emblem Locations
- Dilapidated Temple - After fitting your first Prosthetic Tool.
- Ashina Reservoir Revisited - From Ashina Castle Idol, walk a little bit back toward where praying woman is, and jump and grapple to make it across the moat. If you fall, you'll find the item and grapple back up.
- Hirata Estate - From the Estate Path Idol, grappling up twice to the highest structure allows you to drop down in a side section that contains the item.
- Hirata Estate - From the Bamboo Thicket Slope Sculptor's Idol, go forward and grapple then, drop into the water and swim upstream past a bridge and grapple onto the branch where you'll find the item to the right side of the Contact Mendicine.
- Hirata Estate - From the Bamboo Thicket Slope Sculptor's Idol, head up the slope and obtain the item where there are 2 Archers and 1Torch-bearer.
- Hirata Estate - From the Hirata Estate - Main Hall Idol, make your way to the rooftops of the burning buildings, drop when it ends, then use the underfloors to double back and get into the main state. You'll find the item along with a Divine Confetti.
- Ashina Outkskirts- Near the Outskirts Wall - Stairway Idol, defeat the rooster and continue further down. Close to the area with the reddish hue would be the item.
- Ashina Outkskirts- After eavesdropping on Red Eyes, through the broken planks in the back and the player would encounter the item.
- Ashina Outkskirts- After encountering the Underbridge Valley Idol the spirit emblem will be close by.
- Ashina Outkskirts- When first encountering the great serpent, there will be a nearby cave in which you will encounter a cave containing the item.
- Ashina Reservoir- From Ashina Castle Idol, walk a little bit back toward where a praying woman is. Within the moat is the item.
- Ashina Castle- From the yellowish edge, Go up this path and grapple onto the roof of the building, there's the item.
- Ashina Castle- In the same area as the post before, after defeating the enemies. As you return to the main building you will find the item.
- Ashina Castle- Across the moat of the praying woman. The item would be there.
- Ashina Castle- In the area where you will fight the monkeys the item would be there.
- Ashina Castle Revisited- Dropping down to the moat there would the item.
- Sunken Valley - 3 can be found past the Gun Fort Idol next to a cave.
- Sunken Valley Passage - From the pack of monkeys, 3x can be looted near the feet of the Buddha statue.
- Sunken Valley Passage - Inside the Serpent's Cave, once the snake notices Sekiro, go to the left of the pillar and drop down, then jump and grab the ledge to find 4x of this item.
- Ashina Depths - 1x can be collected on a branch path that leads towards the rooftop of the temple of the Mist Noble, while 2 more can be found around the temple.
- Mibu Village - 1 can be found past a tree at the village by the shore.
- Mibu Village - You'll find a path with Spirit Emblems near the Watermill Idol.
- Mibu Village - 6 can be found on the 2nd floor of the house of drinking NPC.
- Abandoned Dungeon - In the part of the Onward and Left of the abandoned dungeon, there would be the described grapple areas where it would describe the area where the item is.
- Fountainhead Palace - Once you've reached the vista of the celestial palace, go forward and grapple to the ledge ahead, and continue until you reach the palace level. Walk toward a tree to pick up 2x. While inside one of the rooms you first encounter has one hiding behind a destructible screen.
- Fountainhead Palace - 2 can be found if you accidentally fall into the water and make it back to shallow ground from the rooftops across the bridge that was destoyed by the Great Carp.
- Fountainhead Palace - 2 can be found past 2 guards that are leading towards the Great Sakura Idol.
- Fountainhead Palace - 3 can be found near the area of the merchant, Pot Noble Koremori.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the part of the walkthrough named "Broken Bridge". A rat enemy would have the item nearby.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the part of the walkthrough named "Toward the Temple". from the Ni-Oh gate go right from the gate and into the tall grass. You'll be able to ambush some patrolling monks on a path ahead. Loot 1x Ako's Sugar from near the main path, then continue right toward 4x Spirit Emblem.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the part of the walkthrough named "Continue On", the items would be in one of the branches.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the part of the walkthrough named "Straw & Blades". After defeating torch-wielding warrior and an archer. The item would be in the corner of the courtyard.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the part of the walkthrough named "Shugendp Idol" the grapple point near an entrance into a cave that leads to the Shugendo Sculptor's Idol. The item would be nearby.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the part of the walkthrough named "Down The Slope", In the lower area contains multiple items containing the Spirit Emblem.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In the part of the walkthrough named "Senpou Esoteric Text", after defeating the 2 poisonous lizards the items would drop. This is the area before going to the Pagoda.
Spirit Emblem Notes & Tips
- Can initially carry a max of 15 (extras go into storage and are added to the player's inventory to top them back up to full when they rest at an Idol), but:
- Can increase the max amount carried by a total of 4 by skilling A Shinobi's Karma: Body, A Shinobi's Karma: Mind, Sculptor's Karma: Blood and Sculptor's Karma: Scars from the skill trees.
- Later the 5th bonus can be obtained by killing the bull in fountainhead palace and obtaining A Beast's Karma.
- Storage can carry a maximum amount of 999.
- Spirit Emblems prices increase as the game progresses. The price increases by 10 sen after killing the following bosses: Genichiro, Headless Ape, Corrupted Monk, Great Shinobi Owl.
- In NG+, the price remains 50 sen.