Test Subject is an enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
Test Subject Location
- They are only encountered in the Abandoned Dungeon: one at the entrance, one next to a wooden beam, two on the ledge before the Underground Waterway Sculptor's Idol, one next to the offering tower, and one in a cave below the Bottomless Hole.
Test Subject Drops
Test Subject Notes & Tips
- Effective Prosthetic Tools:
- A strike from the Loaded Axe will almost completely break their posture.
- The Loaded Umbrella completely nullifies their grab attack and can also deflect it, which cannot be done normally.
- The Shinobi Firecracker stuns them for a few seconds, leaving them open for attack.
- They catch on fire after one blast from the Flame Vent.
- Ineffective Prosthetic Tools:
- Once grabbed, rapidly alternating Block and Attack will allow Sekiro to struggle out of the grab and much of its damage early.
- Once dealt a Deathblow these enemies will revive once.
- They will instantly die after a single Deathblow if the player performs it while using Stealth, even when standing back up after reviving.
- Fire has the same effect.
- Upon spotting the player, they slowly walk towards Sekiro with a begging hand-gesture, and will attempt to grab him shortly after.
- If they grab the player, button mashing is effective to completely avoid taking any damage.
- Since they move slowly and have only one, very slow attack, they can be easily out-ranged and out-maneuvered.