Treasure Carp is an enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. A Treasure Carp is characterized as a large orange fish that is agile and quick to escape once it is found. Upon successfully capturing and killing one, these enemies drop an important item called Treasure Carp Scales, which serves as a currency that can be traded in for a variety of unique items at the merchants, Pot Noble Harunaga and Pot Noble Koremori.
Treasure Carp Location
- Hirata Estate:
- 2x found swimming to the right side of the bridge, near the Pot Noble Harunaga.
- 2x found underwater in the same lake. Can be both killed from land with a charged spear or in the few moments they surface.
- 2x are found in the pond just after the Shinobi Hunter Enshin of Misen. One is near the surface, the other is underwater so it can't be killed early.
- Ashina Castle:
- 1x found in the castle moat. Diving is required (only spawns once Ashina Castle is attacked).
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo:
- 2x found in the lake near the Temple Ground Sculptor's Idol.
- Sunken Valley:
- 2x found in a lake near the Riven Cave Sculptor's Idol.
- Ashina Depths:
- 1x found in Mibu Village river near the bridge. Diving is required.
- Fountainhead Palace:
- 7x found in the area's main body of water. Diving is required.
Treasure Carp Rewards
Treasure Carp Notes & Tips
- Treasure Carp Scales are used to in trade for unique items sold by the merchants Pot Noble Harunaga and Pot Noble Koremori.
- Treasure Carps do not attack the player. However, if it spots the player, it will flee and disappear after a few seconds. However, it will respawn within about 10 seconds, and in the same spot every time.
- Therefore, an easy strategy is to simply spawn camp them every time they flee. Note: they may not respawn if the player is in the exact spot they spawn, so try moving over a bit if it doesn't spawn.
- Treasure Carps do not respawn if the player rests or travel between Sculptor's Idols, meaning they are limited enemies and will be permanently killed in that specific playthrough.
- Underwater Carp can be killed from land by using a charged up Loaded Spear Thrust type Prosthetic Tool Upgrade. They can also be killed, albeit hard to time, by slowly swimming up closely behind one and then charging a sword melee to thrust forward (sometimes a quick sword melee follow up is needed to land the blow). This allows almost immediate access to 5 scales very early in the game.