Resurrection in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice refers to the ability of the player to choose to resurrect on the spot if they die, rather than restarting from the last checkpoint. This ability is only available once per checkpoint unless the player recharges the ability by killing enemies and performing Shinobi Deathblows.
About Resurrection in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Resurrection is referred to as Sekiro's Dragon heritage ability that provides him the skill to resurrect immediately after dying, allowing him to return to the battle at the exact location of his death. Sekiro is provided two charges of this ability, one full charge is gained through resting at a Sculptor's Idol, while the other one gained or replenished by killing enemies. If a player uses the first ability to resurrect, the second resurrection node will be locked to prevent players from overusing it. To unlock this, players will need to defeat more enemies until it is available for use.
First Resurrection node on the right with a snowflake-like icon.
Second Resurrection node locked upon using the ability once.
Recharging the Resurrection power
- The first resurrection node can be restored by resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
- The second node can only be charged and unlocked by killing off a number of enemies.
- Using special items can also restore Resurrection nodes. These are the Bundled Jizo Statue, Jinza's Jizo Statue and Dragon's Blood Droplet.
Dying and Respawning
- If the player falls in combat without having recharged their Resurrection power, they will be forced to start again from the last Sculptor's Idol visited.
- Deaths caused by falling off a ledge will reset the player back to their previous position without using any resurrections.
- If a player does not have enough Vitality, they will automatically die and be sent to their last checkpoint.
Notes and Tips about Resurrection
- Dying without the use of Resurrection and respawning at the last visited Sculptor's Idol halves the acquired Sen and Skill EXP.
- Unseen Aid has a baseline chance of 30% to prevent this loss of Sen and Skill EXP loss.
- Coin Purses acquired from merchants and found through the world are not lost upon dying.
- If a player dies multiple times, they will eventually acquire a variety of Rot Essence that tells the player those afflicted with Dragonrot.
- If the player hasn't got anyone infected with Dragonrot yet on that specific playthrough, they will awaken at the Dilapidated Temple upon dying enough times. This will start the Dragonrot questline with Emma, which teaches how cure it.
how do i increase the amount of resurrections?
Sister friede apparently has the dragons blood
It appears there's a bug which prevents additional resurrections. After my initial resurrection they wouldn't replenish, no matter the number of deathblows. This bug may have occured due to the length of the play session (8 hours). I had Demon of Hatred down to barely any hp on his third stage and it screwed me over because I died and couldn't resurrect when I should have been able to. Not the nicest time for the bug to appear lol.
Honestly, I don’t like the way this system was carried out.You shouldn’t feel pressured to grind to refill one or two nodes (depending on where you are in the game) so that you can fight bosses like the demon of hatred or sword saint. I really hope they change this in the October update.
why does this sometimes not work when fighting gyoubo or however yo speel it , i resurrect deathblow he doesnt die and then i die agin and cant res
I've noticed that sometimes, the second node will fully refresh after death even though I hadn't killed anyone to refill it, is there some kind of like "pool" of resurrection power that the game doesn't show?
You can get at least 3 ressurection nodes
Bull*****coronavirus. The world has dragonrot now, because I died so much in this game, the mechanic went rogue.
How many enemies to recharge a node?
Just to be clear: is there any reason to deliberately NOT resurrect?
I have filled 2 resurrections, but I can resurrect only once. It is happening so long and I can't figure out why. Is it a bug or something secret? I can't figure out how to use second resurrection again. I could do it in the past. Any ideas?
Sometimes you can ressurect twice at bosses. It opens up extra dialog with Guacoshima Nagasaki.