Sekiro: Resurrection refers to the ability in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice of the player to choose to resurrect on the spot if they die, rather than restarting from the last checkpoint. This ability is only available once per checkpoint unless the player recharges the ability by killing enemies and performing Shinobi Deathblows.
About Resurrection in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Resurrection is referred to as Sekiro's Dragon heritage ability that provides him the skill to resurrect immediately after dying, allowing him to return to the battle at the exact location of his death. Sekiro is provided two charges of this ability, one full charge is gained through resting at a Sculptor's Idol, while the other one gained or replenished by killing enemies. If a player uses the first ability to resurrect, the second resurrection node will be locked to prevent players from overusing it. To unlock this, players will need to defeat more enemies until it is available for use.
First Resurrection node on the right with a snowflake-like icon.
Second Resurrection node locked upon using the ability once.
Recharging the Resurrection power
- The first resurrection node can be restored by resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
- The second node can only be charged and unlocked by killing off a number of enemies.
- Using special items can also restore Resurrection nodes. These are the Bundled Jizo Statue, Jinza's Jizo Statue and Dragon's Blood Droplet.
Dying and Respawning
- If the player falls in combat without having recharged their Resurrection power, they will be forced to start again from the last Sculptor's Idol visited.
- Deaths caused by falling off a ledge will reset the player back to their previous position without using any resurrections.
- If a player does not have enough Vitality, they will automatically die and be sent to their last checkpoint.
Notes and Tips about Resurrection
- Dying without the use of Resurrection and respawning at the last visited Sculptor's Idol halves the acquired Sen and Skill EXP.
- If a player dies multiple times, they will eventually acquire a variety of Rot Essence that tells the player those afflicted with Dragonrot.