Mibu Village is a Location in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The village lays deep within the Depths of Ashina, its only entrance guarded by a dense and unnatural fog. Despite its remote location, however, the lands on which Mibu has been built are surprisingly fertile; though, fertile with what is a question only its plagued occupants and the ghastly apparitions roaming the village can answer.
- Previous: Ashina Depths
- Next: Ashina Castle, or Fountainhead Palace (Choice dependent)
[map goes here]
NPCs in the area
- Exiled Memorial Mob
- Head Priest of Mibu Village
- O'rin of the Water
- Basket Wearer Shosuke
- Jinzaemon Kumano (Possibly)
- 1x Mottled Purple Gourd
- 1x Dragonspring Sake
- 3x Light Coin Purse
- 2x Ceramic Shard
- 6x Mibu Balloon of Soul
- 1x Pacifying Agent
- 2x Spirit Emblem
- 2x Mibu Balloon of Wealth
- 1x Gourd Seed
- 7x Pellet
- 3x Contact Medicine
- 3x Fistful of Ash
- 1x Ashina Sake
- 1x Divine Grass
- 6x Divine Confetti
- 2x Red Lump
- 1x Precious Bait
Equipment & Upgrades
- 3x Prayer Beads
- 2x Scrap Magnetite
- 3x Lump of Fat Wax
- 1x Black Gunpowder
- 3x Adamantite Scrap
- 1x Pine Resin Ember
- 1x Yellow Gunpowder
- Samurai Spirit
- Nightjar Ninja (Apparition)
- Interior Ministry Ninja
- Taro Troop (Bell)
Full Mibu Village Walkthrough
Players arrive at Mibu Village from Ashina Depths. Should they have already defeated the Guardian Ape, the player must defeat the Headless Ape boss located just before the entrance to Hidden Forrest before being allowed to progress, as a fog gate will block their path. (Upon defeating the Headless Ape, however, the player must also contend with a Shichimen Warrior mini-boss spawning where the Ape was should they attempt to enter Mibu through the Ashina Depths instead of directly teleporting there.)
Exiled Memorial Mob
Drop down from the idol and talk to the nearby merchant: Exiled Memorial Mob. He sells a Mottled Purple Gourd, that reduces Terror buildup. Buy this item as it will be very useful as you progress through the game. He also sells Dragonspring Sake which you can gift to certain NPCs for lore and character information.
Back to the Idol
Return to the idol and approach the edge and jump across. Below you, a Interior Ministry Ninja of the type that is usually trying to kill the Tengu of Ashina awaits. Engage him--and watch out for him summoning a nearby pack of dogs to attack you--to obtain 784XP and 1 x Scrap Magnetite. He also has a chance to drop Scrap Magnetite. The item nearby is 1 x Treasure Carp Scale.
Back at the idol, jump across again and this time take the path up that leads you to a pack of wolves. Continue past them and up to get 1x Light Coin Purse.
Back at the edge, drop down to a house and pick up 1x Lump of Fat Wax from a woodpile.
After dealing with them, crouch in the tall grass ahead and watch a small group of villagers pass you by. Near the shore, there's 1x Mibu Balloon of Soul. Then grapple to the rooftop and drop onto 3 more villagers. Beware that the lantern ones can inflict Terror. Pick up 1x Pacifying agent.
Grapple to a rooftop and defeat a Gamefowl to get a good view of the area ahead. The area ahead has easy enemies but be careful as if they surround you they might kill you. Some of them spawn from the floor and grab and hold you in place. You can fight and kill them all several times to clear the area, and then loot 1x Black Gunpowder, 1x Mibu Balloon of Soul and 1x Gourd Seed. Go into the tall grass to the left of the trees past a grabbing enemy to loot 1x Pellet.
Nightjar Ninja Apparitions
When you reach the end of this ditch-passage, jump up to your left and up a grapple point to get behind large hammer enemies. Go up one more level to kill the watcher with the two lantern villagers in order so they don't see you.
Killing the second watcher spawns 4 Apparition Nightjar Ninja enemies (620xp) so be careful! You can stealth away and reset if you're having trouble. (May drop Pacifying Agent, Gokan's Sugar , Contact Medicine, Lump of Fat Wax) You can then loot 2x Contact Medicine from the field and 1x Ashina Sake from the shrine.
Behind him, there's a grapple point that allows you traverse the rooftop to a set of planks that hold 2x Pellet. When you drop down, you can stealth-kill a blue-robed villager, and you'll be attacked by 2 more. Be mindful that they have a long slashing combo similar to Souls hollows, that can kill you if not careful. Pick up 2x Mibu Balloon of Soul from the nearby shrine then go inside the house to get 1x Yellow Gunpowder and 1x Divine Confetti.
Water Mill Idol
Go across the bridge and commune with the Water Mill Idol. From here, instead of following the path with the Spirit Emblem, go right and jump up on a rock, which leads to two Gamefowl. Past, them, you'll encounter several villagers. Defeat them and loot 1x Contact Medicine by a house going down a slope and 3x Fistful of Ash at the dead-end at the bottom.
Flame Vent Upgrade
Trying to go up onto the roof will spawn several villagers and bell enemies. you can run away and hide to reset them and thin out as you see fit.
After you cleared them up, jump onto the rooftop at the dead end and get 1x Adamantite Scrap and 1x Pine Resin Ember - an Upgrade Material for the Flame Vent prosthetic Tool. From here jump and grapple to a branch on your far left, then double jump to a ledge across to pick up 2x Mibu Balloon of Soul.
Lastly, loot 1x Pellet from a boat near the docks.
Upstream Treasure Chest
Swim across the lake to the docks on the other side and back to the idol, then swim upstream until you find a waterfall. There's a treasure chest that contains 1x Divine Grass. Swim back to the idol and take the path up toward 1x Spirit Emblem.
Mini-Boss: O'Rin of the Water
The Shamisen-playing O'Rin of the Water is looking for Lord Sakuza. Talk to her and she'll aggro onto you for not telling her where he is. If you didn't send Jinzaemon Kumano to his death in Abandoned Dungeon, she will have different dialogue and you can talk to him after defeating her to get an item. Either way, you do this, when you defeat her you get 1530XP, 1x Prayer Beads and Breath of Life: Shadow.
Across the Bridge
Before you go past the bridge, pick up 1x Lump of Fat Wax from a corner along the edge. You'll face a samurai spirit that gives you 620XP, and go up the slope and you'll see several enemies by a large building.
After defeating the enemies, you can eavesdrop at the door. Go to the right of the door and under the floors to crouch along the crawlspace.
You'll find a Rotating Door (Hidden Wall) leading to the inside of the building.
Inside, an NPC is drinking something. He invites all the citizens to come forth and drink the nectar.
- Remember this place for later, as you will obtain 1x Water of the Palace at Fountainhead Palace that you can give this NPC to obtain 1x Dragonspring Sake. After doing this, you'll want to rest and come back to kill him for 5x Treasure Carp Scale
From outside, cross the rock-bridge and jump to the roof to pick 1x Light Coin Purse.
Boss: Corrupted Monk (Fake)
Go back to the front door of the building and up the path on the left and you'll encounter the Boss: Corrupted Monk. This is just an apparition version of it, but it will test your skill regardless. If you have been following this walkthrough, the fight won't be too taxing. If not, you will want to use Snap Seed to deal damage to its health bar. Defeating the monk gives you 5500 XP, Memory: Corrupted Monk, Mibu Breathing Technique, This technique allows you to dive and breathe underwater, which means you can now explore old areas anew.
Wedding Cave Door
Walk forth and unlock the Wedding Cave Door Idol. Then you can turn back and go to the water areas you saw earlier. Use R2 to dive, L2 to surface and use circle to dash while under water.
If you head into the Cave, you will obtain 1x Shelter Stone. This is the item that Kuro needs.
The altar reads: "Shelter stones such as this are an auspicious omen, sweetly scented for a bridal offering. The palanquin awaits with open arms".
For game progression, you can now go to Ashina Castle - Abandoned Dungeon Idol and make your way to the Castle main. Otherwise, you can revisit old areas and explore them to get underwater items, and complete NPC quests.
- You can loot 1x Precious Bait from the river next to the building with the NPC who is drinking the water.
- You can defeat a Treasure Carp and gain 1x Treasure Carp Scale downstream from the treasure chest with the Divine Grass.
- You can loot 2x Light Coin Purse in the middle of the large lake near the village entrance.
- You can obtain Red Carp Eyes from defeating the Glowing Red-Eyed Treasure Carp in the middle of the large lake near the village entrance.
- You can loot 1x Prayer Bead from a Treasure Chest in a deep corner of the large lake near the village entrance.
[map goes here]
Trivia & Notes:
- The NPC Basket Wearer Shosuke informs Sekiro that Mibu Village is in the state you find it due to the machinations of its Head Priest, and possibly the Senpou Sect. He states: "The Head Priest sometimes treats us to sake. But, you know...when you drink sake, you get thirsty. The sake cask runs dry in no time. So, everyone has no choice but to drink the water from the ponds and rivers. But, the more you drink, the thirstier you get..."
- This same NPC mentions that another (unseen) character, a hunter named Inuhiko, discovered that all the villagers "fear fire," due to whatever is wrong with them. Taking his advice both reveals the weakness of the enemies in Mibu and leads you to Inuhiko's hut, where an upgrade material—Pine Resin Ember—for the Flame Vent can be found.
- Lore Theory: It is likely that whatever is occurring in Mibu Village is somehow connected to the work of the Senpou Sect and their obsession with the prolonging of life and/or pursuit of immortality through unnatural means. How the corruption of its villagers into red-eyed zombies—which was set into motion by the Head Priest of Mibu—and the research into "Red Eyes" being undertaken by Doujun all relate to one another is still a mystery, however.