Treasure Carp Scale
Treasure Carp Scale is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to purchase items from the vendors "Pot Noble Harunaga" and "Pot Noble Koremori".
Treasure Carp Scale Usage
How to Find Treasure Carp Scale
- Found most commonly by killing Treasure Carp. There are 42 total Scales in the game, while buying all items in the first NG cycle requires just 40.
- Hirata Estate:
- 1x found from a Treasure Carp swimming to the right side of the bridge, near the Pot Noble Harunaga.
- 1x found from a Treasure Carp underwater in the same lake. Can be killed from land with a changed Spear.
- 1x found on the riverbank to the left of the bridge before crossing.
- 2x found from Treasure Carp past Bamboo Thicket Sculptor's Idol in the lake underneath the bridge with the large enemy. Diving is required for one of them.
- Ashina Castle
- 1x found from a Treasure Carp in the castle moat. Diving is required (only spawns once Ashina Castle is attacked)
- 1x found as a pickup in the castle moat beneath the idol. Diving is required (only spawns once Ashina Castle is attacked)
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo:
- 2x found from Treasure Carps in the lake near the Temple Grounds Sculptor's Idol.
- Sunken Valley
- 2x found from Treasure Carps found in a lake near the Riven Cave Sculptor's Idol. Diving is required.
- 1x found from a pickup in the lake near the Riven Cave Sculptor's Idol. Diving is required.
- Ashina Depths
- 2x sold by Exiled Memorial Mob for 500 sen each.
- 1x found below the Mibu Village idol guarded by a Ministry Shinobi.
- 1x found from a Treasure Carp found in Mibu Village river near the bridge. Diving may be needed.
- 5x found by giving the Mibu Village priest Water of the Palace, then reloading the area to find him transformed into an enemy which will drop the scales upon being killed.
- Fountainhead Palace
- 3x found in a room accessed by a cracked floor and underwater route also contains Water of the Palace.
- 7x found from Treasure Carps in the area's main body of water. Diving is required
- 3x found in a small sunken house beneath the area's main body of water. Diving is required.
- 2x found by the giant carp skeleton with worms on it at the bottom of the body of water. Diving is required.
- 4x found by killing the Feeding Ground Attendant, after feeding the Giant Colored Carp a 'Truly Precious Bait' on first feeding.
- 1x found by feeding the Giant Colored Carp 'Precious Bait', then talking to NPC next to the bell (first feeding).
- 3x found by feeding the Giant Colored Carp 'Precious Bait', then talking to NPC next to the bell (second feeding).
- If you did not feed the Giant colored carp and receive the 3 scales, it can be found on the body of the npc at the feeding grounds once the daughter is by his corpse.
- Red Eyed Carp are considered incomplete creatures that lack the ideal number of scales, but their eyes are everlasting. Collecting special scales and the term "everlasting" are details associated with the Dragons of Dark Souls, while imperfection is a trait linked to serpents, which are considered imperfect Dragons.
- The Legend of the Dragon's Gate tells the story of carp that may transform into dragons if they can leap up a massive waterfall. As a consequence, carp are considered symbols of success and transformation in Japanese culture.
Treasure Carp Scale Notes & Tips
- Treasure Carp quickly swim away when they are alerted. Try swimming behind them then dashing in for the killing blow.
- Other notes...