Recovery Charm is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to recover or cure a victim who is afflicted with Dragonrot.
Recovery Charm Usage
- Enables the use of Dragon's Blood Droplet at a Sculptor's Idol to cure all NPCs of Dragonrot.
- This item is a Key Item and is not consumed on use.
How to Find Recovery Charm
- Recovery Charm is obtained from Emma after giving her a blood sample of someone who has Dragonrot.
Recovery Charm Notes & Tips
- You will need to get a Dragonrot Blood Sample from someone who is afflicted with the disease.
- Use the Recovery Charm together with the Dragon's Blood Droplet at a Sculptor's Idol to heal those afflicted with the disease.
- Provide the blood sample to Emma where she will provide you with a Dragon's Blood Droplet together with the Recovery Charm.
Recovery Charm Story & Lore
- Linked to the resurrective power of the Dragon's Blood Droplet, the bloodstone within the Recovery Charm could be something akin to the bloodstones seen in Bloodborne. In Sekiro, such pinkish stones, like the Shelter Stone, will appear in the bodies of those who have long drunk from the Fountainhead Waters. Pink is the color of many things in Sekiro, like cherry blossoms , resurrection , and soul related items like the Mibu Balloon of Soul. The Rejuvenating Waters spring from the Dragon's Blood, making it's sensible to assume there's something dragon-like about these crystals and bloodstones. After all, in Dark Souls, crystals and minerals were also closely associated with dragons. The cat bell-like design of the charm reminds of Caitha's Chime , a chime tied to a blood-obsessed covenant .
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Thanks Hanbei, now I don't have to throw myself into the abyss just to get this charm! (Got two dragonrots - sculptor and the timid maid who died after the fight with Lady Butterfly)
For anyone interested, you can talk to Emma after obtaining Gracious Gift of Tears and select the "About Dragonrot" option to automatically receive this charm, no blood sample required. I don't know if this choice is present if you never talked to Emma prior, since she was still expecting me to get a blood sample.
I'm on my 2nd playthrough and totally forgot about the recovery charm. I'm at the stage where owl gives me an option to stay loyal to either kuro or the code. Is there another way to get it?
If you die only very few times it can be hard to get a blood sample. I only died like 5 times in my current playthrough and only the old lady and the sculptor has dragonrot. Old lady somehow is dead, and the sculptor can't give a sample. After I beated genichiro Emma also doesn't has the dialoge anymore for finding her a sample... :-I
When you cure someone of Dragonrot, do they become afflicted again? Or are they immune for the rest of the playthrough?