Sabimaru Memo is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It explains where to find this Prosthetic Tool.
Sabimaru Memo Usage
- Can be used to help locate the prosthetic tool Sabimaru.
- Memo reads "A memo detailing the whereabouts of a kodachi short sword known as Sabimaru. The ancient kodachi Sabimaru can be found within Ashina Castle, enshrined in the bottom floor of the keep. Sabimaru was wielded in wars of old, and is a national treasure of Ashina. Supposedly the blade's poisonous blue rust could drive off even the inhuman Okami warrior women."
How to Find Sabimaru Memo
- 1x can be purchased from Fujioka the Info Broker for 500 sen.
Sabimaru Memo Notes & Tips
Sabimaru Story & Lore
- The Okami are called 淤加美 (okami) in Japanese, derived from one of the ancient spellings of Kuraokami, a dragon deity of rain and snow from Japanese mythology, born from the blood of the slain god Kagutsuchi. More modern spellings are a bit more obvious as to what the names supposed to mean: 龗 (okami) means "water dragon" and 闇龗 (kuraokami) means "dark water dragon." It's likely that the Divine Dragon (called the Sakura Dragon in Japanese) is inspired by Kuraokami.
- "Okami" comes from Kuraokami, their lightning bolts come from the Vajra of the Shingon Buddhism of Senpou Temple, which means something like "thunderbolt". The Okami are pale and bluish, consistent with Asian depictions of the dead . The Okami actually take after the Primordial Serpents of Dark Souls , which helps clarify why The Old Dragons of the Tree have turned into nāga. The nobles live in an area overgrown by roots which I believe depicts the Japanese underworld "Ne-no-kuni", which betokens something like "land of roots". The Okami were likely all once human and turned into these beings by imbibing large volumes of Rejuvenating Water. The idea of an aroma of the Divine Realm likely stems from two preceding Dark Souls items: "Fragrant Branch of Yore" and "Aromatic Ooze", of which the latter likely reincarnated as some kind of hideous white slime .
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
if, after after the completion of his quest, you have to kill genichiro to make the info broker to move to dilapidated temple in order for the player to be able to acquire the note from him, how can this note be of any utility if you have already explored ashina castle (and probably already acquired sabimaru)? Or in my playtrough is just a bug and he has not moved from where I first met him even if I've already finished his mission?