Anti-Air Deathblow Text
Anti-air Deathblow Text is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to learn the Anti-Air Deathblow skill.
Anti-Air Deathblow Text Usage
- Unlocks the "Anti-Air Deathblow" skill, which allows you to naturally perform a deathblow on an enemy when they're jumping or otherwise moving in mid-air, no matter what their Posture is. To perform this deathblow, jump into the air towards an enemy that is performing a valid anti-air deathblow attack and a deathblow icon should appear.
How to Find Anti-air Deathblow Text
- Bought from Blackhat Badger when he's in Ashina Castle, near the "Old Grave" Sculptor's Idol
- Available from the Offering Box in the Dilapidated Temple for 2200 Sen after Blackhat Badger has closed his Shop.
Anti-air Deathblow Text Notes & Tips
- Best used on enemies that jump around a lot, as the Deathblow ignores Posture.
- You have to be very close to the opponent in the air for the prompt to appear.
- The anti-air deathblow does NOT work on all attacks that leave an enemy in the air. For example, this deathblow CANNOT be performed against Bosses, Interior Ministry Ninja, Assassin, or Nightjar Ninja, even though many of these enemies have attacks that leave them in the air. Generally an enemy that is vulnerable to an anti-air deathblow will have only ONE attack wind-up that will allow you to perform this deathblow.
- Enemies that are vulnerable to the anti-air deathblow are listed below:
- Gamefowl: after guarding or deflecting its flying attack (long window--useful for learning this move)
- Valley Monkey (Bare Hands): the "belly-flop" attack (short window)
- Elder Monkey: after its 5-hit combo, the monkey will perform a somersault into the air, leaving it vulnerable, but only if it is below 50% health (short window)
- Shichimen Warrior: will sometimes leap and hover in the air shooting terror orbs in both phases--you must have Divine Confetti status effect for this to work (long window)
- Spear Adept: will leap vertically into the air and perform a devastating tumbling attack (long window--useful for learning this move)
- Okami Warrior (Katana): after deflecting the last attack in the floating passage combo, the enemy will float backwards into the air, leaving it vulnerable to a deathblow (long window)
- Okami Warrior (Kemari): the enemy will kick the ball vertically and then jump into the air, leaving it vulnerable (long window)
- Okami Leader Shizu: similar to the Okami Warrior (Kemari) (long window)