Dried Serpent Viscera
Dried Serpent Viscera is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to both complete the questline of a specific NPC and unlock an alternate ending.
Dried Serpent Viscera Usage
- The Dried Serpent Viscera and Fresh Serpent Viscera must be given to the Divine Child of Rejuvenation in order to both complete her questline and obtain the key item Frozen Tears, which is necessary should players want to obtain the Return (Dragon's Homecoming) ending of the game. (Refer to the Endings guide for further details.)
How to Find Dried Serpent Viscera
- Dried Serpent Viscera Video Location Guide
- Travel to the Sunken Valley Passage, Bodhisattva Valley Sculptor's Idol, and instead of heading towards the Guardian Ape, go down and to the right. There should be a poisonous bog.
- At this point, you will want to head deeper into the bog until you find the Toxic Memorial Mob merchant and a large cave behind him. In this cave is The Great Serpent/Serpent God, whose entire body wraps around the cave. Striking the body of the snake will cause it to smash anything near its body and will cause poison to spill from the geysers.
- Continue forward until you are facing the Great Serpent/Serpent God and the shrine it guards. Go down to the left, and there will be a platform, (you will not be able to see the platform due to fog) with a monkey on it which will lead you to a grapple point near the shrine. In order to pass the Great Serpent without suffering massive damage, you must do one of the following:
- With the Puppeteer Ninjutsu: You can control the monkey on the platform, you need to backstab and make him your puppet. he will climb and catch the attention of the serpent, allowing you to grapple the ledge and reach the shrine where the Dried Serpent Viscera lays.
- Without the Puppeteer Ninjutsu: However be warned the snake will strike when you grapple up which will likely end you by knocking you off the cliff. In order to survive you need at least 15 - 16 vitality and you will need to run towards the middle of the platform (after grappling up) to not get knocked off. Assuming you are able to survive, run towards the shrine and pray The Serpent not strike again.
- Without the Puppeteer Ninjutsu - Option 2: You will need the Mist Raven Prosthetic. When you grapple towards The Great Serpent, immediately use Mist Raven: it will let you dodge all damage and blink a short distance towards the house. Then just run the rest of the way. By far the safest method if you don't have the Ninjutsu.
Dried Serpent Viscera Notes & Tips
- The Dried Serpent Viscera is one of the "fruit" referenced by the Old Hag found in Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo if you give her Rice.