Holy Chapter: Infested
Holy Chapter: Infested is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to begin the questline of the Divine Child of Rejuvenation, which is necessary to complete in order to obtain one of the game's endings.
Holy Chapter: Infested Usage
- Can be given to the Divine Child of Rejuvenation for additional dialog regarding her hatred of the Senpou Monks.
- Giving this item to the Divine Child is required to progress/begin both her questline and the process of getting the Return (Dragon's Homecoming) Ending of the game. (Refer to her page, or the Endings guide, for details.)
How to Find Holy Chapter: Infested
- The first way to get the Holy Chapter requires you to first speak with the old woman on the bridge near the Ashina Castle sculptors idol (You will not be able to receive the book before speaking with her). Then enter and explore Senpou Temple before talking to Kuro after killing Genichiro atop Ashina Castle (you can kill him, but you cannot proceed the storyline by talking to Kuro afterwards, however it is safest to just ignore Genichiro). Here, it can be found right next to the "Main Hall" Sculptor's Idol by speaking to a monk praying to the Buddha statue.
- If the above is no longer an option should you have already defeated Genichiro and spoken to Kuro by the time you reach Senpou, your second chance to obtain this item is to acquire the Mibu Breathing Technique and then go to the "Temple Ground" area. You will find the Holy Tome at the bottom of the pond located there. You do not need to kill the Folding Screen Monkeys first in order for the item to be here. Video Location
Holy Chapter: Infested Notes & Tips
- Senpou Temple was seized by an obsession for the Undying, which corrupted their teachings and style. The monks exhibit atrophy, blindness, and grayish or green skin , which is how FromSoftware will often render the undead . In Dark Souls, the state of Undeath means gradually rotting, going mad, and potentially mutating. Doujun, who is a Senpou Monk, confirms that the research into the Rejuvenating Waters caused a kind of zombification, as his Abandoned Dungeon is full of deformed undead. The Rejuvenating Waters corrupt men to the point that they no longer live as men, instead they become monsters incapable of feeling pain or fear. They are referred to as "degenerates" by Isshin and are responsible for kidnapping and killing the Children of Rejuvenation.