The Mortal Blade, also known as Fushigiri (Japanese: 不死斬り (lit. “To cut the immortality”)), is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is known as an Odachi capable of slaying the undying, and is a twin blade to the Black Mortal Blade "Kaimon". It's true name is "Gracious Gift of Tears" (Japanese: 拜泪 "Hairui", "Gracious Tears")
Mortal Blade Usage
- Gives the ability to slay the reviving Infested Monks encountered in Senpou Temple.
- Can be used to slay Hanbei the Undying in order to obtain the item he drops: Hidden Tooth.
- Used to slay the Headless Ape in the second encounter (in Ashina Depths). His corpse does not disappear when the boss fight is over; land a Deathblow on his corpse to finish him off for good. Note that the Headless Ape cannot be permanently killed in the first encounter, even if Sekiro has the mortal blade at the time.
How to Find Mortal Blade
- Given by the Divine Child of Rejuvenation once the player reaches the Inner Sanctum of Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo, after defeating the Folding Screen Monkeys.
Mortal Blade Notes & Tips
- Obtaining the Mortal Blade unlocks a unique combat art: Mortal Draw, that utilizes the Mortal Blade in combat. Costs 3 spirit emblems to use; the attack can still be used when out of spirit emblems, but will do less damage.
- Mortal Draw still does sizable damage directly to an enemy's health bar, even when blocked, so can be used to "cheese" a number of tough bosses and minibosses with a strong defense.
- Other than the Combat Art, the Mortal Blade cannot be used to slash enemies like your katana. It can only land deathblows on undying foes.
- Fushigiri is Japanese for "Undying Slayer."Gracious Gift of Tears is a mistranslation of the blade's name in Japanese, which simply means "Gracious Tears".
- Due to being tied to story progression, the Mortal Blade does not carry over into New Game Plus and must be reacquired. The Mortal Draw and Empowered Mortal Draw skills are likewise unusable until the blade is back in Sekiro's possession and will be deselected if they were the equipped Combat Art upon entering New Game Plus. Note that they will still appear in the skills list, but cannot be selected as a combat art.