Gourd Seed is a special Upgrade Material in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Gourd Seeds are required to upgrade the capacity of Sekiro's Healing Gourd, with each gourd seed acquired providing an additional charge, up to a maximum of ten. They can be found on the ground, in chests, or purchasable in shops in certain areas of the game.
Gourd Seed Usage
- Bring this material to Emma located at the Dilapidated Temple (or Upper Tower - Kuro's Room depending on how far you've progressed the story) to upgrade your Healing Gourd.
- Emma will change her location depending on the point of the story that you are at.
- Emma will not upgrade your Gourd at specific points in the story.
- If you have collected a Gourd Seed, in NG+, you will obtain different items where the Gourd Seeds were.
Gourd Seed Locations
There are a total of 9 Gourd Seeds to collect. You must collect all 9 and give them to Emma to unlock the associated Trophy.
- Ashina Outskirts - Drop from General Naomori Kawarada, immediately past the "Outskirts Wall - Gate Path" Sculptor's Idol
- Ashina Outskirts - In the building right after the Chained Ogre, just past the "Outskirts Wall - Stairway" Sculptor's Idol
- Ashina Outskirts - Bought from the Battlefield Memorial Mob Vendor for 1,000 Sen, located up the steps and to the right from where you fight Gyoubu Oniwa.
- Ashina Castle - Just before the "Upper Tower - Antechamber" Sculptor's Idol in a chest. (Hard to miss)
- Dilapidated Temple - One can be bought from Fujioka the Info Broker for 2,000 Sen, once he arrives.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - In front of the first immortal monk you encounter in the Senpou Temple, in the first building that's filled with crickets.
- Sunken Valley - From the "Under-shrine Valley" Idol, progress forward until you get to the the fourth rifleman on the path. If you drop down to the poison lizard and the part where you hug the wall, you've gone too far. There is a climbable wall near where the rifleman was. Climb up the wall where you'll find two more riflemen, one of which you have to grapple up to. After defeating that rifleman, there is a wall on the left that you can climb. You'll find the gourd seed near a small hut up there.
- Ashina Depths - In the center of Mibu Village, by the orange glowing tree. It is guarded by multiple enemies.
- Fountainhead Palace - In a chest in the last room of the palace by the "Palace Grounds" Sculptor's Idol. (Hard to miss)
Gourd Seed Notes & Tips
- Gourd Seeds can only be collected once per save file. Collected Gourd Seeds are replaced with other items on consecutive NG+ cycles.
- There are 9 Gourd Seeds in a single game, making a total of 10 uses of the Healing Gourd.
- If a Gourd Seed becomes inaccessible for any reason, it will appear in the offering box at the Dilapidated Temple.