Shinobi Axe of the Monkey
Shinobi Axe of the Monkey is a special Upgrade Material in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Shinobi Axe of the Monkey is required for upgrading Prosthetic Tools, and the player will need to defeat specific Enemies in order to find it.
Shinobi Axe of the Monkey Usage
- Bring this material to The Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to unlock the Loaded Axe Prosthetic Tool.
Where to Find Shinobi Axe of the Monkey
- Shinobi Axe of the Monkey can be found at Hirata Estate.
- From the path after acquiring the Flame Barrel, you'll come across a dying man who will tell you about an axe. You'll find a courtyard where two guards are talking and you can eavesdrop and listen on their conversation about their next plan of burning a temple - kill the two guards, and open the small garden house where the guards were standing to find the material.
Shinobi Axe of the Monkey Notes & Trivia
- In New Game Plus this item will be replaced with a Bundled Jizo Statue if already acquired in a previous playthrough.
- From the item description, it can be inferred that the axe once belonged to the Sculptor, as dialogue from various other characters in the game point toward him being both trained by the Monkeys of the Sunken Valley, and that the reason he retired stems from the loss of his left arm. (Refer to his Trivia page for details.)