Prayer Beads are a special Upgrade Material in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The complete Sekiro Prayer Beads Locations Guide to upgrade Sekiro's Vitality and Posture; found around the game or by defeating specific Enemies. Each set of 4 increases Sekiro's Health by 20%. There are 40 in total, meaning you can obtain 200% more health or 3x your starting health.
Sekiro Prayer Beads
Bring 4 Prayer Beads to any Sculptor's Idol to upgrade Sekiro's maximum Vitality and Posture. This can be done a total of 10x during a single playthrough, increasing your max Vitality and Posture by a total of 200%. This carries over to New Game Plus if you missed some during your playthrough.
All Prayer Bead Locations Guide
There are 40 Prayer Beads to collect in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. You must collect all Prayer Beads in one save (though you can go into New Game Plus) for the Peak Physical Strength trophy to unlock. You can obtain all 40 Prayer Beads in one playthrough, provided you follow the Purification Ending.
Ashina Outskirts (5)
- 1x Dropped by General Naomori Kawarada upon defeat in the Outskirts Wall - Gate Path.
- 1x Dropped by Chained Ogre upon defeat in the Outskirts Wall - Stairway.
- 1x Dropped by Tenzen Yamauchi upon defeat in the Outskirts Wall - Stairway.
- 1x In a chest in the attic of the temple where you speak with the Tengu of Ashina for the 1st time. You must grapple up the rafters and then wall jump into the attic. You must first defeat Gyoubu Oniwa before you can access this area.
- 1x Dropped by the Blazing Bull upon defeat in the Ashina Castle Gate.
- 1x Dropped from Shigekichi of the Red Guard upon defeat, he is located in the courtyard past the stairway gate in Outskirts Wall - Stairway.
Hirata Estate (3)
- 1x Dropped by Shinobi Hunter Enshin of Misen upon defeat in the Bamboo Thicket Slope.
- 1x Dropped by Juzou the Drunkard upon defeat in the Main Hall Courtyard.
- 1x in a chest behind the hidden wall near the Hirata Audience Chamber Sculptor's Idol. The hidden wall is denoted by a wall scroll at the end of the pathway being patrolled by the Bandit Soldier & Bandit Archer.
- In Hirata Estate's second memory from Father's Bell Charm while following the Purification Ending. The player can kill these bosses without locking them into this ending:
Ashina Castle (5)
- 1x Dropped by General Kuranosuke Matsumoto upon defeat at the top of the stairway leading to Ashina Castle.
- 1x Dropped by Lone Shadow Longswordsman upon defeat in the Ashina Reservoir Well.
- 1x Dropped by Seven Ashina Spears - Shikibu Toshikatsu Yamauchi upon defeat in the Ashina Reservoir.
- 1x In a chest behind a hidden wall in the Upper Tower - Antechamber. The hidden wall is located between the two sets of armor behind the two Blue-Robed Samurai sitting in a room on the right.
- 1x Dropped by Ashina Elite - Jinusuke Saze upon defeat in the Ashina Dojo.
- 1x Dropped by Lone Shadow Masanaga the Spear-Bearer upon defeat at the Great Serpent Shrine. Only before Ashina has been set ablaze. If missed, it can be bought at the Offering Box near the Dilapidated Temple for 2200 Sen.
- 1x Dropped by Lone Shadow Vilehand upon defeat in the Ashina Dojo.
- 1x Dropped by the Chained Ogre upon defeat in the bottom of the Upper Tower. Jump down from the Upper Tower - Antechamber Sculptor's Idol area where two Samurai and an Old Lady are walking.
- 1x Dropped from Seven Ashina Spears - Shume Masaji Oniwa upon defeat in the Ashina Reservoir.
- 1x Dropped by the Red-Eyed Ashina Elite - Ujinari Mizou in the hidden Dojo below Isshin Ashina's Room. This is the same room that contained 3 Nightjar Shinobi prior to defeating Genichiro Ashina and contained 1 Nightjar Shinobi and 1 Lone Swordsman Shinobi after Ashina Castle has been overrun by Shinobi.
- 1x Sold by Dungeon Memorial Mob for 1400 sen.
- 1x Dropped by the Armored Warrior upon defeat atop the mountain past the Shugendo Sculptor's idol.
- 1x Dropped by Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un upon defeat in the Temple Grounds.
- 1x From the Temple Grounds Sculptor's Idol jump into the pond containing two Treasure Carps and dive. This can only be obtained after acquiring the Mibu Breathing Technique Latent Skill.
Sunken Valley (4)
- 1x From the Under-Shrine Valley Sculptor's idol, turn to the right and walk up the hill slightly. Grappling across to tree stump. Kill the two Riflemen. Double-jump and climb up the wall next to them. Hug the wall and shimmy around the ledge. On the other side, drop down to find the prayer bead in the snow.
- 1x Dropped by Snake Eyes Shirafuji upon defeat near the Sunken Valley Idol.
- 1x Dropped by Long-arm Centipede Giraffe upon defeat in the Gun Fort.
- 1x After defeating Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe, there is a hole in the floor to the left of the statue. Crouch and follow the left path to the chasm. Follow the two grapple hooks to the right to the first platform. Look up and to the right for the next grapple point to the next platform. Walk across the platform then look down and to the left for the final grapple point. This item will be on the ground in the center the mini-centipedes and poison geckos.
Ashina Depths (8)
- 1x Dropped by Snake Eyes Shirahagi upon defeat in the Poison Pools.
- 1x Past the fog gate guarded by Snake Eyes Shirahagi, just before the drop into the Ape's Den, look up and to the left. There will be a grapple point. Follow the path until the spot where you have to crouch. Go past the first overhang, stand up, turn left, and jump up on the ledge. Follow the path and climb the wall using consecutive wall jumps. Look up towards the statues head and grapple. The item will be on top of the statue's head.
- 1x Dropped by Tokujiro the Glutton upon defeat in the Misty Forest.
- 2x Dropped by the Headless Ape upon defeat in the Ashina Depths. You must first defeat the Guardian Ape in the Sunken Valley Passage before you can fight this boss.
- 1x Dropped by O'Rin of the Water upon defeat in Mibu Village.
- 1x From the Water Mill Sculptor's Idol go through O'rin of the Water's arena, over the bridge, and up to the house. There is an opening to the right-side of the house's stairs you can crouch under. Go to the left side of the house, look up and interact with the revolving floorboards. Go outside the house and grapple to the 2nd Floor. This item is on the Shrine surrounded by Spirit Emblems. Video Location
- 1x In a chest at the bottom of the Lake in Mibu Village. This can only be obtained after receiving the Mibu Breathing Technique Latent Skill.
- 1x Dropped by Sakura Bull of the Palace upon defeat. Once you make it to the Sculptor's Idol past the courtyard full of flute-playing Nobles, turn left and run down the length of the palace. The Sakura Bull will appear from around the corner once you are about 1/2 way down the length of the palace.
- 1x located at the bottom of the Great Colored Carp Lake. There is a pit in the lake with 2 headless and a giant skeleton with glowing worms on it. The prayer bead is located around the skeleton. You do not have to kill headless to retrieve.
- 1x Dropped by Okami Leader Shizu upon defeat at the Sakura Tree. This is the enemy that shoots lightning at you when you attempt to enter the Lake when first reaching Fountainhead Palace.
Prayer Beads Notes & Tips
- Prayer Beads can only be collected once per save file. Collected Prayer beads are replaced with other items on consecutive NG+ cycles.
- The player can carry up to 99 Prayer beads although only 40 can be collected per save file.
Sekiro Prayer Bead Necklaces
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. The ferocity of Ashina's army is renowned throughout then nation. Its generals are especially talented, every one of them accomplished in the Ashina sword style.||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. In Ashina, there is a towering pink ogre of a man, said to have gone red-eyed and run amok before he was long shut away in a forsaken dungeon...||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. The bull was a fiery, rampaging beast and nothing more. In the last great war, the corpses of Ashina samurai piled high. Something had to be done.||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. Only those who have master the Ashina blade may set foot inside the castle dojo. Isshin will often stop by unannounced, just to keep the students on their toes.||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. The gun fort Sunken Valley is command by the Snake Eyes, an elite force of women able to pierce distant targets with might flint cannons and phenomenal vision.||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. The Centipedes will seek out a leader, often changing names out of loyalty. Centipedes chiefs are known as "Long-arms," for their large talon-like weapons.||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. An unrivaled sumo wrestler once served a great feudal lord. Dismissed after giving to drink, he fell to a life of brigandry. And so he was dubbed Juzou the Drunkard.||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
|Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. Lone Shadows are the Interior Ministry's most trusted agents. Each of leader Masatsuna Oribe's seventeen born has a specialty, from poison to shinobi hounds.||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
||Robert's father came from afar across seas to the south, in search of the Undying. Repelling a thousand blades was a small price for the blessing of rejuvenation...||Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|
Loose prayer beads strung together in offering to a Sculptor's Idol. Increases maximum Vitality and Posture.
A prayer bead necklace befits the strong.
The Seven Spears of Ashina were pivotal in Isshin's coup. He awarded the lance to none but his most loyal samurai. Yet now, only a few of the Seven remain.
|Increases maximum Vitality and Posture by 20%|