Ashina Sake is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to gain additional lore dialogue from the Sculptor, Emma and Isshin.
Ashina Sake Usage
- Given to Sculptor (after being healed from Dragonrot)
- Given to Emma (when she's at Upper Tower - Kuro's Room)
- Given to Isshin Ashina (when he's in his quarters)
How to Find Ashina Sake
- Given by Emma when Sculptor is cured of Dragonrot.
- Mibu Village - 1 can be found in the field where the Nightjar Ninja Apparitions are.
- One can be found in the arena with Juzo the Drunkard in Owls version of Hirata Estates (Accessible through Purification ending route- Available when receiving the bell from Emma).
- After giving to Isshin Ashina:
- "Smart thinking my boy! Let me see...That's some good sake! This is how we drank when we won our battles. The people of Ashina, together as one. Oh, the rebellion...we just took back what was stolen from us. Before, this land was...it was a place where we, the Ashina people lived. Where the waters flowed, straight from the source. We were a people who loved our country dearly. And we made good sake to boot! But we were heretics, and we were weak. Naturally, we were overrun. Trampled into submission. For many long, excruciating years...we couldn't even pray at the water from the springs. The way we were then...even good sake couldn't get us truly drunk. Yes...amidst the chaos that was Japan...the endless casualties. The flames of war...we found the perfect opportunity to take back our land. But now...it's a place of death...it's a bitter thing indeed."
- After giving to the Sculptor:
- "(Sniffs) This 'tea' smells pretty good. Suppose I'll have some. Oh, I needed that...this tea reminds me of Emma's father. Dogen...he was an extraordinary doctor. He was also very well-versed in mechanisms and devices...better put, he was obsessed with mechanisms to the point that it affected his health. He didn't take much else seriously, but I owed him my life. Ah, and we could say that you owe him your life as well. When I lost my left arm, Dogen created that thing...which has now become your left arm. The first version was a complete failure, didn't work at all. So he remade it. Then he remade it again, and again, countless times. He told me I needed to practice with the prosthetic in order to use it properly. So Emma would pester me into carving her spinning tops and other toys. After much...training...of that sort, it came to be called a Shinobi Fang. In other words, that prosthetic arm...is Dogen's legacy. Ahh...so much time has passed. While I have abandoned my shinobi ways...that alone, I could not bear to abandon."
- After giving to Emma:
- (If sake is the same one received from Emma) "That is... unexpected. Did we not mean to celebrate the Sculptor's return to health? Please share it with him."
- "('I brought sake.') Oh my...that is generous of you. I accept. Ahh...delicious. As a doctor, I do have other uses for sake beyond just drinking. ('For purification?') Yes. It can also help those with a low tolerance for pain. But when I was a child, I couldn't stand the smell of it. ('You've been doing medical work ever since you were a child?') Yes. I wanted to be of use to my mentor...Master Dogen. I used to compete with my fellow disciples to treat patients. In those days, arrow and sword wounds were frightfully common........ I see. ('What's wrong?') It's nothing. Sometimes, shinobi would come for treatment as well. There was once... a rather difficult patient. ('Difficult in what way?') He said very little. I didn't know where he was hurt or how much pain he was in...I had no information to go on. It was maddening. ('I see.') ...None of this sounds familiar to you? ('No, nothing. Nothing at all.')
Ashina Sake Notes & Tips
- Other notes...