Ashina Sake is a Key Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to gain additional lore dialogue from the Sculptor, Emma and Isshin.
Ashina Sake Usage
- Given to Sculptor (after being healed from Dragonrot)
- Given to Emma (when she's at Upper Tower - Kuro's Room)
- Given to Isshin Ashina (when he's in his quarters)
How to Find Ashina Sake
- Given by Emma when Sculptor is cured of Dragonrot.
- Mibu Village - 1 can be found in the field where the Nightjar Ninja Apparitions are.
- Hirata Estate (Second Memory): After obtaining Father's Bell Charm, one can be found as an item in the side room with a group of bandits leading to the second fight with Juzou the Drunkard.
- After giving to Isshin Ashina:
- "Smart thinking my boy! Let me see...That's some good sake! This is how we drank when we won our battles. The people of Ashina, together as one. Oh, the rebellion...we just took back what was stolen from us. Before, this land was...it was a place where we, the Ashina people lived. Where the waters flowed, straight from the source. We were a people who loved our country dearly. And we made good sake to boot! But we were heretics, and we were weak. Naturally, we were overrun. Trampled into submission. For many long, excruciating years...we couldn't even pray at the water from the springs. The way we were then...even good sake couldn't get us truly drunk. Yes...amidst the chaos that was Japan...the endless casualties. The flames of war...we found the perfect opportunity to take back our land. But now...it's a place of death...it's a bitter thing indeed."
- After giving to the Sculptor:
- "(Sniffs) This 'tea' smells pretty good. Suppose I'll have some. Oh, I needed that...this tea reminds me of Emma's father. Dogen...he was an extraordinary doctor. He was also very well-versed in mechanisms and devices...better put, he was obsessed with mechanisms to the point that it affected his health. He didn't take much else seriously, but I owed him my life. Ah, and we could say that you owe him your life as well. When I lost my left arm, Dogen created that thing...which has now become your left arm. The first version was a complete failure, didn't work at all. So he remade it. Then he remade it again, and again, countless times. He told me I needed to practice with the prosthetic in order to use it properly. So Emma would pester me into carving her spinning tops and other toys. After much...training...of that sort, it came to be called a Shinobi Fang. In other words, that prosthetic arm...is Dogen's legacy. Ahh...so much time has passed. While I have abandoned my shinobi ways...that alone, I could not bear to abandon."
- After giving to Emma:
- (If sake is the same one received from Emma) "That is... unexpected. Did we not mean to celebrate the Sculptor's return to health? Please share it with him."
- "('I brought sake.') Oh my...that is generous of you. I accept. Ahh...delicious. As a doctor, I do have other uses for sake beyond just drinking. ('For purification?') Yes. It can also help those with a low tolerance for pain. But when I was a child, I couldn't stand the smell of it. ('You've been doing medical work ever since you were a child?') Yes. I wanted to be of use to my mentor...Master Dogen. I used to compete with my fellow disciples to treat patients. In those days, arrow and sword wounds were frightfully common........ I see. ('What's wrong?') It's nothing. Sometimes, shinobi would come for treatment as well. There was once... a rather difficult patient. ('Difficult in what way?') He said very little. I didn't know where he was hurt or how much pain he was in...I had no information to go on. It was maddening. ('I see.') ...None of this sounds familiar to you? ('No, nothing. Nothing at all.')
Ashina Sake Notes & Tips
- Other notes...
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Siegbrau this is
Makes me think that the silent patient Emma was referring to was Sekiro, since it matches the description somehow
"1 can be found in the field where the Nightjar Ninja Apparitions are." Can someone update this to be more descriptive, I have no idea what their talking about, and i've beat the game twice.
Do you have to do the purification ending to get the final Ashina Sake?
I've been bugged from giving the Sculptor this sake for some reason.
It's 2020, and i'm surprised no one has made a comment about her & Sekiro having met before. Either he is really dense or trauma is affecting his memory big time.
What does Isshin mean when saying the people of Ashina used to be heretics? What does that have to do with them being overrun and their land conquered?
WARNING: You cannot give any sake to Emma anymore after she gave you the bell for the Purification ending route, so if you want to pull all the "sake dialogue", put Isshin as the last person to give the sakes (unless you're going to the Shura route).
somehow I have a fourth one from the second Hirata estate memory and Im not sure what to do with it.
is second and third point the same location, i cant find 3 sake?
It’s given to you by Emma after you cure the dragonrot from the sculptor. Emma says something along the lines of “its his favourite tea, treat him to some since he’s healthy again”
You can give it to the sculptor and Emma.