Empowered Mortal Draw
|Effect||Draw additional power, resulting in a longer-ranged, more powerful slash attack.|
|Skill Type||Combat Arts Skill|
|Skill Tree||Mushin Arts|
Empowered Mortal Draw is a skill in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, this type of skill is a Combat Arts Skill that is under the Mushin Arts Skill Tree. Each Skill Tree consists of a variety of skills that are categorized as Combat Arts, Shinobi Martial Arts, and Latent Skills that will allow players to alter and customize Sekiro's overall effectiveness in combat and survivability.
These skills can be unlocked by spending gained Skill Points at a Sculptor's Idol.
Acquires Combat Art "Empowered Mortal Draw". A secret technique using the Mortal Blade. Costs Spirit Emblems to use.
By focusing on one's mind before unsheathing the Mortal Blade, one can draw additional power, resulting in a long-ranged, more powerful slash attack.
Draw the sword that cannot be drawn, and unleash its devastation.
How to Acquire Empowered Mortal Draw
- Empowered Mortal Draw requires 5 Skill Points as well as ownership of the Mortal Blade
- Living Force (Prosthetic Arts) and Ashina Cross (Ashina Arts) need to have been purchased to make it available as a Mushin Arts
- This can be found under the Mushin Arts Skill Tree and is unlocked by resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
Empowered Mortal Draw Notes & Tips
- Empowered Mortal Draw is a Combat Arts Skill
- Players are only allowed to equip one Combat Arts Skill
- This attack can still be used even if you do not have the required emblems, but range and damage are cut almost in half. It happens because the attack has two swings - one is short-ranged and is always activated, the second one is far-reaching and does not appear without emblems.
- The skill becomes locked upon entering New Game Plus and cannot be purchased until the player has reacquired the Mortal Blade. If the skill was already purchased within a previous playthrough, it will again become usable upon reacquiring the mortal blade and will not need to be purchased again.
- When out of spirit emblems, it seems that players can still charge Mortal Draw before release, but it seems to do no increase to damage and only slightly increases the range of the strike. It is not worth charging the strike up unless you have the necessary spirit emblems to perform the true attack.
- Mid-air Combat Arts increases the damage potential of Mortal Draw dramatically. Every mid-air draw counts as an empowered, that is, has its range and damage. Works even with normal Mortal Draw equipped, not Empowered one.
Empowered Mortal Draw damage
- Without empowering this combat art deals 1.88x + 1.12x = 3x health and 1.7x + 1.65x = 3.35x posture damage relatively to basic attack (coeffitients are given for short and far swings accordingly). Blocking only reduces total health damage to 1.68x.
- Empowering increases the damage to 2.5x + 1.5x = 4x health and 2.5x + 2.5x = 5x posture. Blocking reduces total health damage to 2.25x.