|Effect||Adds a follow-up overhead sword strike to Ichimonji|
|Skill Type||Combat Arts Skill|
|Skill Tree||Ashina Arts|
Ichimonji: Double is a skill in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, this type of skill is a Combat Arts Skill that is under the Ashina Arts Skill Tree. Each Skill Tree consists of a variety of skills that are categorized as Combat Arts, Shinobi Martial Arts, and Latent Skills that will allow players to alter and customize Sekiro's overall effectiveness in combat and survivability.
These skills can be unlocked by spending gained Skill Points at a Sculptor's Idol.
Acquires Combat Art "Ichimonji: Double". Adds a follow-up overhead sword strike to Ichimonji.
Deals high Posture damage and also recovers one's own posture with a strong forward step.
The follow-up attack is especially useful for preventing enemy counterattacks. Ashina's Ichimonji is perfected with this follow-up strike.
How to Acquire Ichimonji: Double
- Ichimonji: Double requires 3 Skill Points
- This can be found under the Ashina Arts Skill Tree and is unlocked by resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
Ichimonji: Double Notes & Tips
- Ichimonji: Double is a Combat Arts Skill
- If the first strike hits, the second likely will, too. Otherwise it's identical with Ichimonji with the same virtues (good damage and inherent stamina recovery) and the same sins (has a long windup that nonetheless can be used to catch enemies as they begin to attack).
- Ichimonji (一文字) translates to "straight line".
- Many players find performing Ichimonji, or the "Doubled" version, in the air is better than performing it on the ground(unless you wish to charge your first overhead strike). This is because jumping towards the enemy then performing Ichimonji in the air will actually decrease the minimum charging time on the first strike. The difference is not miniscule either, as it makes the time delay before swinging 20% faster. It is unknown if other combat arts performed in the air will benefit from this tactic.