|Effect||Increases the damage to an enemy's Posture from all sources after a Deflection|
|Skill Type||Latent Skill|
|Skill Tree||Ashina Arts|
Descending Carp is a skill in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, this type of skill is a Latent Skill that is under the Ashina Arts Skill Tree. Each Skill Tree consists of a variety of skills that are categorized as Combat Arts, Shinobi Martial Arts, and Latent Skills that will allow players to alter and customize Sekiro's overall effectiveness in combat and survivability.
These skills can be unlocked by spending gained Skill Points at a Sculptor's Idol.
For a few seconds, after Deflection, increases the damage to an enemy's Posture from all sources.
The Ashina Style is deeply rooted in the flow of the Fountainhead waters.
They believe the act of successfully deflecting a blade is akin to a carp descending a waterfall.
How to Acquire Descending Carp
- Obtain the Ashina Esoteric Text
- Descending Carp requires 1 Skill Points
- This can be found under the Ashina Arts Skill Tree and is unlocked by resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
Descending Carp Notes & Tips
- Descending Carp is a Latent Skill
- Available early game
- Powerful and easy to obtain
- After a successful deflection, increases all posture damage dealt by 25%
- Effect duration appears to be 1 second despite the in-game description