|Spirit Emblem Cost||5|
|Effect||Manipulates the victim like a puppet|
|Skill Type||Ninjutsu Technique|
Puppeteer Ninjutsu is a technique in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, this type of skill is under the Ninjutsu Techniques. These can be unlocked and equipped by the player as they progress the game.
Only one Ninjutsu can be slotted at once, and they generally cost a number of Spirit Emblems to use. One example of Ninjutsu is the Bloodsmoke Ninjutsu, which allows the player to regain stealth after a Backstab Deathblow.
Ninjutsu technique that manipulates the victim like a puppet.
Costs Spirit Emblems to use. Activated after a Backstab Deathblow.
This technique temporarily forces one who should have fled this realm to remain.
A puppet moves on behalf of its master, but its strings are destined to snap.
How to Acquire Puppeteer Ninjutsu
- Acquired upon defeating the Folding Screen Monkeys at Senpou Temple – Main Hall.
Puppeteer Ninjutsu Notes & Tips
- Puppeteer is a Ninjutsu Technique, it is activated by killing an enemy with a backstab (either by sneaking up on them or via the Vault Over skill) and then pressing the attack button a second time when the button prompt appears.
- Its possession timer can be reset by backstabbing the puppet and performing the technique again. This also appears to reset the puppet to full health.
- It can be active on multiple enemies at the same time.
- The puppet's attacks also harm Sekiro. When engaging the same enemy as the puppet, care must be taken to avoid taking friendly fire.
- Can be used on certain enemies as part of two puzzles needed to acquire the two serpent viscera needed for the Return ending:
- When used on the rat outside of Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo he will operate the kite allowing you to use it grapple over the ravine. Once across (may need to activate the Sculptor's Idol found there first) the Rat will vanish and the kite will remain in place for future use. This is location is used to later drop down and kill one of the Great Serpents to acquire the fresh viscera, and is also a necessary step in furthering Blackhat Badger's questline.
- When used on the monkey in Bodhisattva Valley to the left of giant white serpent he will distract the snake allowing you to get to the shack he is guarding and the dried viscera.