|Spirit Emblem Cost||5|
|Effect||Manipulates the victim like a puppet|
|Skill Type||Ninjutsu Technique|
Puppeteer Ninjutsu (傀儡の術) is a technique in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, this type of skill is under the Ninjutsu Techniques. These can be unlocked and equipped by the player as they progress the game.
Only one Ninjutsu can be slotted at once, and they generally cost a number of Spirit Emblems to use. One example of Ninjutsu is the Bloodsmoke Ninjutsu, which allows the player to regain stealth after a Backstab Deathblow.
Ninjutsu technique that manipulates the victim like a puppet.
Costs Spirit Emblems to use. Activated after a Backstab Deathblow.
This technique temporarily forces one who should have fled this realm to remain.
A puppet moves on behalf of its master, but its strings are destined to snap.
How to Acquire Puppeteer Ninjutsu
- Acquired upon defeating the Folding Screen Monkeys at Senpou Temple – Main Hall.
Puppeteer Ninjutsu Notes & Tips
- Puppeteer is a Ninjutsu Technique, it is activated by killing an enemy with a backstab (either by sneaking up on them or via the Vault Over skill) and then pressing the attack button a second time when the button prompt appears.
- Its possession timer can be reset by backstabbing the puppet and performing the technique again. This also appears to reset the puppet to full health.
- It can be active on multiple enemies at the same time.
- The puppet's attacks also harm Sekiro. When engaging the same enemy as the puppet, care must be taken to avoid taking friendly fire.
- Can be used on certain enemies as part of two puzzles needed to acquire the two serpent viscera needed for the Return ending:
- When used on the rat outside of Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo he will operate the kite allowing you to use it grapple over the ravine. Once across (may need to activate the Sculptor's Idol found there first) the Rat will vanish and the kite will remain in place for future use. This is location is used to later drop down and kill one of the Great Serpents to acquire the fresh viscera, and is also a necessary step in furthering Blackhat Badger's questline.
- When used on the monkey in Bodhisattva Valley to the left of giant white serpent he will distract the snake allowing you to get to the shack he is guarding and the dried viscera.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The puppet lasts 45 seconds.
If you wanna have some fun with this, go to the Water Mill Sculptor Idol, keep going forward until you get to the High priests house then use the Ninjutsu on the Bell Ogre and just watch him obliterate the villagers.
Here is a piece of info that needs posted up above. Your puppets that were just prior alive and immune to terror can now be killed by terror just as quick as you. They take on every lethal, crippling or otherwise debilitating vulnerability Sekiro has.
This wiki is missing relevant info, like how long it lasts, or how if you puppeteer two enemies sometimes they will attack each other making the jutsu totally useless.
How long does the puppet last or is it until it loses all its health from dmg or posture buildup?
You can puppeteer minibosses (at least confirmed on Drunken Juzou clones if you jump over them when they are on their last deathblow.
I love using this and just making enemies fight. Ashina reservoir sumo fighting club!
You can actually extend a "Puppets" life by deathblowing it again, which also heals you thanks to certain latent skills AND resets your "Puppets" Health and Posture. It trivialized some fights like Vilehand, Spear Bearer Masanaga and the Second Chained Ogre. Also, Cannibalism...
I used this on an enemy to help me with a mini-boss and he didn't do anything except follow me around. Surely this is a bug right?
i equip my ninjutsu but it doesnt work
There are two known secret interactions with puppeted enemies: The rat outside of Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo. Who will operate the kite allowing you to grapple it over to the snake The Monkey in Bodhisattva Valley. He is located to the left of giant white serpent. He will distract the snake allowing you to get to the shack he is guarding
an important note, and possibly a bug, but stealth killing your puppet resets them to full health not just the timer. Though the "timer" might very well be depleting health? either way it trivialized a certain mini boss fight
Mini boss can be puppetted too, wow
Any other enemies that have secret events tied to this aside from the kite rat?
As far as i know i been able to get 2 at once before the first one dies off
How many puppets can you have