|Spirit Emblem Cost||7|
|Effect||Wreathes a blade in the victim's blood, extending its reach.|
|Skill Type||Ninjutsu Technique|
Bestowal Ninjutsu is a technique in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, this type of skill is under the Ninjutsu Techniques. These can be unlocked and equipped by the player as they progress the game.
Only one Ninjutsu can be slotted at once, and they generally cost a number of Spirit Emblems to use. One example of Ninjutsu is the Bloodsmoke Ninjutsu, which allows the player to regain stealth after a Backstab Deathblow.
Ninjutsu technique that wreathes a blade in the victim's blood, extending its reach. Costs Spirit Emblems to use. Activated after a Backstab Deathblow.
The Wolf discovered this technique upon beheading a foe with the Mortal Blade, forming a cursed sword from spilled blood. Though it bears likeness to the Mortal Blade, it cannot kill the undying.
How to Acquire Bestowal Ninjutsu
- This can be acquired upon defeating the Headless Ape in the Ashina Depths and permanently severing its immortality with the Mortal Blade.Note that this boss only spawns after you have already defeated it previously as the Guardian Ape in the Sunken Valley.
- As this boss can be skipped (provided the player goes to the Hidden Forest before fighting the Guardian Ape), acquiring this ninjutsu is optional.
Bestowal Ninjutsu Notes & Tips
- Bestowal Ninjutsu is a Ninjutsu Technique, it is activated by killing an enemy with a backstab (either by sneaking up on them or via the Vault Over skill) and then pressing the attack button a second time when the button prompt appears.
- Bestowal Ninjutsu costs 7 Spirit Emblem to use.
- Also gives your sword chip damage while active, allowing you to deal Vitality damage to enemies even when they are blocking.
- If the player hits a blocking enemy, he will still perform the regular sword combo instead of the constant sword slash that plays out when an enemy keeps blocking the incoming attacks.
- If used on a gecko will imbue your sword with poison attacks instead of blood. Sword will glow greenish.
- If used on a white gecko will imbue your sword with a lifesteal attack.
- Does not work on Mini Bosses.
- It is possible to activate this technique in preparation for tough bosses/minibosses if there is a regular enemy sufficiently close to the boss area (some enemies may also require the Vault Over skill in order to get behind them for a backstab deathblow).
- Entering an area where Sekiro sheathes his sword will negate the buff.